Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is fructose bad for brain inflammation? page 5

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's cool, yeah, it does taste pretty good. Perhaps if you get a soda stream and add co2 to the kefir it could offset some of the lactate from fermentation. Just a thought.

Soda stream will also allow you to have even more variety for fizzy stuff!
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    That's cool, yeah, it does taste pretty good. Perhaps if you get a soda stream and add co2 to the kefir it could offset some of the lactate from fermentation. Just a thought.

Soda stream will also allow you to have even more variety for fizzy stuff!
    Well, what I do is, after the first ferment (usually 2 days with loose top for breathing), with just a bit of sweetness (fructose, aka topic begun here), I put it with fruit or ginger in a closed top for a second ferment for about 1 day, then into those green beer bottles with the ceramic and rubber tops, and into the fridge. What emerges is a really cold and fizzy drink, no need for extra carbonation. A chef who visited a few days ago said the ginger ale was the best she has ever had. It really is quite addicting.
    edit: The raspberry kefir is like champagne when I get it right.
    Last edited by Aili; 05-08-2013 at 08:46 AM.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Fermented foods and probiotics increase lactic acid, which your body already produces enough of as a stress reaction, and too much can cause a burden on the liver.
    Everything makes so much sense now. Thank you for the enlightenment

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Fermented foods and probiotics increase lactic acid, which your body already produces enough of as a stress reaction, and too much can cause a burden on the liver. In an inflamed digestive tract, introducing foreign bacteria could make things worse. Pay attention for signs of bloating, or stomach discomfort. If you feel great, it's probably OK for now.

Is it just the taste you like re: kefir, or are you eating it for the "benefits"?
    Glad you slept well,
    Are we there again?

I assume you are refering to D Lactate, which is an issue in significant quantities and generally in the case of GI damage and microbiota imbalance.
    L Lactate is as natural to the body as Glucose

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    No, to decrease inflammation you want to ditch the PUFAs and starches, not fructose.

Aili is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    No, to decrease inflammation you want to ditch the PUFAs and starches, not fructose.
    Thanks for the reminder! For the most part I have very little PUFAs, avoiding these actively, other than O3 via cod liver oil. Starches in the way of 1-2 potatoes a week I can learn to avoid (if I have to I guess). So, I guess I am OK that way. I do have to be more aware that these do not sneak into my foods, especially when out with friends.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345