Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adjusting to fewer meals per day- any tips? page 3

KimchiNinja is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There are a bunch of us on the steak and eggs thread eating only two meals.

Thought it would be hard, but it's effortless. Heck I could do one meal. Guess it's the ketosis, just don't seem to get hungry...

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    There are a bunch of us on the steak and eggs thread eating only two meals.

Thought it would be hard, but it's effortless. Heck I could do one meal. Guess it's the ketosis, just don't seem to get hungry...
    I upped my carbs recently (so-called safe starches) and staying at one meal / day is no problem. I actually just came out of a 2 days fast (which I keep at a low frequency - maybe once every 2 weeks). No hunger pangs due to higher carb intake. it is truly a matter of habits, what and how much you eat during the single meal. I tend to eat BIG and it takes me about 1h to 1h30 to go through the meal.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious as to how people here actually determined they were hypoglycemic?

Merely being uncomfortable is not a sign of hypoglycemia. I've had several hypoglycemic episodes while training and they are characterised by extreme nausea, extremely rapid pulse / heart palpitations, shaking, zero hunger, palor, and an all around "I'm gonna die" feeling. All of this thanks to massive amounts of adrenaline that are dumped into your system in order to get your liver to push out some stored glycogen.

Should you fail in providing additional exogenous glucose or if your liver has low stores ( fasted training ... been there, done that ), you _will_ pass out, and you may very well go into a coma if your hypoglycemia is due to an insulin overdose.

I suspect that most folks who claim to be hypoglycemic probably have "idiopathic postprandial syndrome" :

Idiopathic postprandial syndrome, colloquially but incorrectly known by some as hypoglycemia (especially in North America), describes a collection of clinical signs and symptoms similar to medical hypoglycemia but without the demonstrably low blood glucose levels which characterise said condition.
    You need to determine whether you are truly hypoglycemic or have IPS. If you are truly hypoglycemic, then you need to administer glucose immediately, not just eat. Otherwise, if you have IPS, I would advise gradually attempting to increase the intervals between meals. There is a definite training effect there. Apart from feeling lousy, there really isn't any danger as blood glucose levels are normal.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

fkjr2 is offline Senior Member
    Cold turkey with coffee and chewing gum is how I did it. Plus keep busy !!

I will never look back.

I intermittent fast from 10pm until 6pm the following day.

I lift weights fasted after work then eat all my food from 6-10pm

Love it.

aprimalmomma is offline Senior Member
    I used to think I was hypoglycemic, ate 6 times a day carried tupperware around etc...would start to get a headache and anxious...feared hunger etc...now I IF on a 20/4 cycle daily...it is amazingly freeing...part of it was psychological for me but once I went ver low carb and got past ketosis flu, I felt great...lots of fat, protein and veggies only...when I start to get headaches, shaky or nausea I found eating some sea salt and drinking a glass of water made me feel instantly better...also try drinking coffee or tea when you get that feeling...sometimes atleast for me it was the desire to have something

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123