Thread: Here goes nothing page

quisty0174 is offline Junior Member

Here goes nothing

Shop Now

I blog often on Spark People, but like the idea of having a journal HERE. I think it will help me to stay on track in the long run. Plus, I do love to write.

Bottom line is: Eating lean meats, veggies/fruits, eggs, nuts, makes me feel leaner, healthier & more energetic. I DO have a little bit of dairy, mostly in the form of cheese, sour cream, and Greek yogurt. I've never been a milk drinker, so swapping milk out for almond or coconut milk for smoothies was not a big deal.

I was obese not but 5 years ago, and now am just 10 lbs up from my goal weight (which I DID reach, but I love sweets. Really. And have a hard time turning goodies down when offered. *sigh*).

I am turning 40 next year, and while that number freaks me out, I'm NOT willing to just go silently into this aging thing without a fight. I see people all around me in their 30s who are obese, on 3-4-5 different medications, getting the most activity walking from their couch to their fridge. I'm not going out that way. I want to be 40 and FIERCE.

I've been slacking way too much lately; ignoring what I know my body likes/needs for what I think it WANTS. Funny thing is, after a grain/gluten binge of foods I felt I wanted I don't feel ANY kind of satisfaction. Just pain. Lots of pain.

So it's back to serious business now. Going to the Caribbean in just 4 months, turn 40 in just 8.5 months and Bahamas in March of 2014. 40s will be the time for LIVING!!!! I'm NOT going on medication prematurely. I'm NOT going to live in pain every single day. I've got this one body, and it's time to really take things to the next level.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    First in.

Good luck!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite