I have information overload at the moment. To tell you a bit about myself. I am 5'7" tall 30 year old male. I weigh 185 pounds. My BMI is 28. My ideal weight is 145-150 pounds. That was what I weight back in high school but I was not very defined at all just skinny. So right now I'm a skinny fat type of guy.

I have both P90X and Insanity that I got locally from Craiglist. I forgot about that I had them actually when I signed up for my gym membership.

I have cleaned up my diet tremendously. I won't even eat cheat meals at all. I am very committed to this. I have been eating Primal/Paleo for the past two weeks. I will always eat like this for life. Not going back to Conventional Wisdom eating. I understand what you eat is 80% of what your body looks like. But a good solid workout still helps out a lot.

I am 100% committed to whatever will bring the fastest results. Results meaning body composition, fat loss and strength.

So should I do a bodyweight only workout or just weights? Also has there been any studies on weights vs bodyweight?