Thread: Wife beats husband's weight loss page

CalicoGal is offline Member

Wife beats husband's weight loss

Primal Fuel
    I started PB in January at 231lbs. I now weigh about 199. I went from a size 18/20 to a size 12/14 and lost 43.5 total inches. I started because I wanted to look good on our next cruise ( married with a daughter who turned 1 in April). I have lost more then my husband, but he is a lot looser in his eating habits then I am.

things I do/don't do

I generally limit Dairy, Fruit, and Nuts. I also drink my coffee black now. Instead of dark chocolate (which I HATE) I indulge with less then a serving of white chocolate. I still find that nuts and fruit trigger serious cravings for me and I have portion control issues with cheese. I generally don't eat until mid to late afternoon and try to stop by 10pm. I love eggs, butter, bacon, and sausages. I adore salads with avocado and tomato and I make sure to get enough fat in my food everyday. I also have a food journal (paper) and I track my weight and inches on My Fitness Pal. the first pic is from august about 4 months after my daughter was born, and the second is a week or so ago. I still have about 50lbs to go but feel confident I can achieve lasting success! 2012-08-11_21-57-40_594.jpg[ATTACH]11561[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Is your husband primal as well? Sounds like you're really in tune with what works for you and what doesn't. That's really great. It may take a few days for the pics to be approved - you could send namelesswonder a message or upload them to a photo sharing site and edit your post. Continued good luck!

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Losing 32 lbs in a little over 4 months is outstanding! Wishing you much success and looking forward to seeing some updates over the next few months.

Huarache Gal is offline Senior Member
    Way to go CalicoGal! Quite a difference in the two pictures!

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Congrats - you look fab!

CalicoGal is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks! I have gotten off track lately and am recommitting along with my husband to do this right. My husband tries his best to be primal-ish. For example he feels that a day where he doesn't drink soda and has a salad for lunch is a very successful day. He likes to cheat on the weekends. He is also a super picky eater and somewhat OCD about how things should look/taste. His idea of a good meal is breaded chicken tenders with corn and mashed potatoes. He misses the starch at dinner. I have a small arsenal of veggies and ways to cook them, so he gets bored and wants Arby's, or pizza. Or he will scarf an entire bag of Oreo's in a day or two. Right now I am just not bringing that stuff into the house anymore. at least this way he is only tempted at work and I am not tempted during the day. anywho, its just the same old problem of kicking old habits and replacing them with new ones.