Thread: "Chris Christie Secretly Had Weight-Loss Surgery" page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

"Chris Christie Secretly Had Weight-Loss Surgery"

Primal Fuel
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Interesting.

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    I would wish that no one ever be fat. I was 325 + lbs, so I understand why anyone would have the surgery. The problem is what the USDA/medical professionals tell us to eat only makes us fatter.

The surgery will help, but unless he does a complete change in his diet, it won't make any difference in the long run.

Let me tell you, as a former heavyweight (and not in a boxing sense), I spent more than 30 years grasping at straws. The last one I grabbed for was hCG, and it worked for me. There was a caveat attached to it though, I can never go back to eating anything like before. I had to go completely Paleo, 99.9% of the time.

Good luck to the Gov.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Poor guy. Ambitious, smart, likeable enough to get elected, and his being fat is a political liability. I hope the day I start judging people by their looks or weight that lightening strikes me dead.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    His wife is a Goldman Sachs executive, he vetoed marijuana bills, and NJ transit blows now. Christie can suck it.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Poor guy. Ambitious, smart, likeable enough to get elected, and his being fat is a political liability.
    He's not just a little less than telegenic -- he's really enormous. Fair or not, voters might read that as being the result of having little control.

But Christie's main problem is that he got chummy with Obama after Sandy. His right-wing rising star has been eclipsed.

wilberfan is offline Senior Member
    I wonder the the success rate of obesity surgery really is...
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

My issue with this is the whole "quick fix" American mentality. Was he required to undergo nutrition counseling or lose 10 pounds all by himself? nope. Eat up, America, lap-bands for everyone!

Mr.Perfidy is offline Senior Member
    He rides a helicopter for the fuck of it (his class in general, that isn't a reference to an attempt at a media manufactured scandal), so, "America" and the general rules and customs of our people are alien to him as a man of his class.
    "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
    "America" and the general rules and customs of our people are alien to him as a man of his class.
    not really. lap-band and gastric bypass is widely available to anyone with insurance. it used to be that you had to be morbidly obese, now I see commercials for it and people have gotten it for being only 30-40 pounds overweight. His "class" definitely got him the best surgeons and a quick surgery, but all you really need to be is fat and hold some insurance and you're set.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast