Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Chris Christie Secretly Had Weight-Loss Surgery" page 3

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    One of my best friends died over 20 years ago at the age of 28. He had a stroke attributed to his massive obesity. He was about 6 feet tall and almost 500 pounds. I wish these surgeries were more widely available back then. Sure, it's not the ideal way to lose weight, but maybe he would still be here today. He was never going to lose the weight otherwise.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    I have been in a helicopter. I think you would be surprised, they aren't actually that uncommon. Helicopters are used genterally in urban areas, or in mountainous areas. Places that don't have the room for an airway strip, and require maneuverability. Helicopters are more common forms of transportations over short distances, whereas airplanes are most efficient for long distances.

Many hospitals also have helicopter pads, and all over the country people are transported via helicopter to the ER because it's simply the quickest way to get someone from 15-car-pileup to the hospital.

Some of the professions which regularly use helicopters include the armed forces, police, medical, news, journalism, and chartered transportation.

Christie of course charters a helicopter because it is the most efficient means of transportation, and he can afford it. It is also a private and secure form of transportation. He is a public figure, and with the amount of public officials being murdered lately, and celebrities being jumped, do you blame him? If I could reasonably afford to charter a helicopter, I probably would too.

I won't judge a man based on his use of helicopters. I will, however, judge a man based on his actions.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    all the while appealing to the general public's acceptance of boob jobs, liposuction, and other such surgerys to make you 'look pretty.'
    I don't think weightloss surgery for the morbidly obese is a surgery to make one "look pretty".

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kathleen View Post
    I have been in a helicopter. I think you would be surprised, they aren't actually that uncommon. Helicopters are used genterally in urban areas, or in mountainous areas. Places that don't have the room for an airway strip, and require maneuverability. Helicopters are more common forms of transportations over short distances, whereas airplanes are most efficient for long distances.

Many hospitals also have helicopter pads, and all over the country people are transported via helicopter to the ER because it's simply the quickest way to get someone from 15-car-pileup to the hospital.

Some of the professions which regularly use helicopters include the armed forces, police, medical, news, journalism, and chartered transportation.

Christie of course charters a helicopter because it is the most efficient means of transportation, and he can afford it. It is also a private and secure form of transportation. He is a public figure, and with the amount of public officials being murdered lately, and celebrities being jumped, do you blame him? If I could reasonably afford to charter a helicopter, I probably would too.

I won't judge a man based on his use of helicopters. I will, however, judge a man based on his actions.
    Yep, been in a helicopter as well as a private plane-you just need to have friends who have really cool hobbies Several friends of ours have their pilots licenses, it's actually not that big of a deal.

I know two people who have had the surgery done-one failed miserably with it and the other had great sucess with it. I wish Christie the best with it, different methods work for different people, and hopefully this is what he needed to succeed at losing the weight.
    *~Sara~*

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    When I read this yesterday in the news, the part that struck me is that lap band surgery is essentially an enforcer when the person doesn't have the proper willpower to stop eating when they should, right? Why on earth would I want a man for President that can't even control his own fork? I just don't understand weight loss surgery instead of just eating nutritious foods in the proper portions.
    Even great people have vices.

Christie's is clearly food. JFK and Clinton and many others had women. Obama's was/is smoking.

If we eliminate people who have at least one addictive vice from becoming president, there won't be very many people to choose from. Myself, I'd rather have a president addicted to food, over being addicted to women. That said, I'm not a fan of any politician, they can all screw themselves.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalJewishAmericanPrincess View Post
    not really. lap-band and gastric bypass is widely available to anyone with insurance. it used to be that you had to be morbidly obese, now I see commercials for it and people have gotten it for being only 30-40 pounds overweight. His "class" definitely got him the best surgeons and a quick surgery, but all you really need to be is fat and hold some insurance and you're set.
    One of our part time employees had lap band 2 years ago. Medicaid paid for it. She lost a little at first, but put it back on. She eats fast food every day.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    Yep, been in a helicopter as well as a private plane-you just need to have friends who have really cool hobbies Several friends of ours have their pilots licenses, it's actually not that big of a deal.

I know two people who have had the surgery done-one failed miserably with it and the other had great sucess with it. I wish Christie the best with it, different methods work for different people, and hopefully this is what he needed to succeed at losing the weight.
    I've been in a helicopter. It cost me $15 for a 15 minute ride. Also in a small plane because a former BIL was a pilot.

OTOH my impression of Christie, from what I've seen, is he's an asshole.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    His choice; none of our business.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Christie is what the media makes of him. There is a lot of money in the business of making politicians look bad. Unfortunately, the media is all us voters have to go off of. If I met him in person without recognizing him, I am sure I would get the impression he is a regular guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynna View Post
    I've been in a helicopter. It cost me $15 for a 15 minute ride. Also in a small plane because a former BIL was a pilot.
    That's a good deal. I have been on 30 minute plane rides that have been over a hundred dollars.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    The guy isn't known for his self-control or humility. Whether he can turn it around using this operation is a big unknown.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast