Thread: Critique my IF PLEASE page

Lindsay0311 Guest

Critique my IF PLEASE

Shop Now
    Hey Everyone

So, I IF'd breakfast today..going to try and do this a few times a week and see if the leangains approach is one that works for me.

Anyhow, I posted on another thread that I am scared of eating too much in my first meal to break the fast and then my dinner but I also don't want my calories to be too low. So, today, here is the plan..please critique...if there is a better way to approach this then I am all ears..or eyes I guess.

Today:
    12:00- 1 cup sliced cucumbers, 4oz avocado, 10oz baked salmon with 1oz grilled onions,.
    This puts me at: 650.5 calories, 34g fat, 15.9g carbs, 70.95g protein

4:00-1 serving of almonds at 100 calories, 9g fat, 3g carbs, 4g protein

5:30-WOD

6:30-7:00 protein shake( 1 scoop chocolate casein protein, 1/4 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk)

7:30: Dinner of 10oz steak, and cucumber/onion salad soaked in vinegar

The shake is usually a dessert for me and it also aids in recovery and allows for extra calories.

This will put my totals today at: 1,748 calories, 100.3g fat, 27.6g carbs, 180.7g protein

I know this seems VERY anal..I am just trying to figure out what works and then I don't have to critique so much.

Are these meals too much for one sitting? I mean, after my workout I am eating nearly 1000 calories before bed..granted I won't eat again till noon but still...

what are your thoughts?

Lindsay0311 Guest
    Gonna give this a bump..it is evening now so maybe someone can help!

Oh ya, ended up only eating 6oz salmon at my lunch. Overall, I have felt pretty good today. Had my almonds a little bit ago with some tea...Still nervous that my meal and shake tonight is too much in that amount of time so hopefully someone can have some advice!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Looks pretty good to me. I often end up eating a huge dinner of 1000 calories or there about. Not sure if it's the "right" thing to do, but I'm not having any problems with it.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been doing LeanGains style for the past few months, but I think my problem was eating a very small lunch and two huge meals postworkout. I put on too much flab and not enough muscle for my liking. I'm re-incorporating postworkout fasting at least some of the time and just eating one largish meal whenever I get hungry after working out. Obviously, the LeanGains approach works for alot of people based on the testimonials on Martin's blog, but I guess I just need to dial in on my calories to get the results that I want.