Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite way to have eggs? page

pollo_la is offline Member

What is your favorite way to have eggs?

Primal Fuel
    Just looking for some new ideas for using eggs (I'm guessing there are thousands of ways).

Something good I did the other day...

Melt a large amount of butter in pan. Added two big handfuls of spinach. Then added some leftover cooked bratwurst. Added five eggs. Added a little bit of shredded cheese. Dumped on plate and poured some salsa over the top. VERY GOOD!

So, what are some of your favorites?

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Mark's recipe for Shakshuka!

toscamulder is offline Senior Member
    A frittata with grated vegetables; zucchini, rutabaga, all root vegetables actually.
    I mix it with some herbs and cream cheese, and when it's done I put a little no-crap ketchup on top. You can add salmon, meats, whatever you like. But those are very firm and tasty omelettes.

eKatherine is online now Senior Member
    I throw away the whites and fry the yolks in butter, sunny-side up.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Almost always an omelet with whatever needs to be used up in the fridge. My favorite, favorite is with smoked salmon.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    Three ways:
    1. Over-easy.

2.When i was in Korea, i watching the hotel infomercial, which was promoting their international brunch at the time (It was probably the only program in english that caught my attention). The chef was cooking an omelet. He did the typical prep of beating the eggs in the bowl before adding it to a warm pan with butter. One technique he did was to use wooden chopsticks to beat the eggs while cooking in the pan. When I got back to the states, I gave it a shot and it turned out to be the fluffiest omelet I've ever made. I add green salt and onions or chives to taste. Pretty darn tasty

3. Throw whatever I have in the fridge, bacon, canadian bacon, kale, spinach, tomatoes, onions, green onions, cheese, hot sauce,etc. Mix these in any combination to make a ginormous omelet or scrambled eggs.

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Fried in coconut oil - sorry, boring I know!

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    1. Using Julia Child's recipe, an omelette with gobs of butter, a bit of shredded Gruyere, some chives, and maybe a sauce made of chopped mushrooms and heavy cream.

2. Fried, sunny-side up in a ton of butter with a hunk of dark rye bread to soak up the yolks.

3. Poached and placed atop a mixture of sauteed greens, lamb sausage, and roasted potatoes - butter everywhere.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Lightly scrambled in duck fat

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    1. In butter saute onions and mushrooms, with garlic and salt. Add ground pork and cook till done Scramble up 2-3 eggs in butter and then mix with the sausage mixture. Top with cheese and salsa.

2. Scramble couple eggs in butter and throw in diced/shredded leftover chicken, sliced mushrooms, diced tomatoes and sliced black olives. Top with salsa.
    Last edited by mom23kids; 05-07-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    *~Sara~*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast