Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite way to have eggs? page 2

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by upupandaway View Post
    Fried in coconut oil - sorry, boring I know!
    I make my wife's omelet then turn off the heat and come back 10 minutes later. Add a heaping tablespoon of coconut oil, let the residual heat melt it and then add the 5-6 whisked eggs. Turn the heat back on and constantly stir while the pan comes back up to heat. The eggs suck up all the oil and get nice and fluffy. Top with a pat or two of butter.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I think I must be fickle because I stared at this question, and my brain went blank. I don't have a favorite. Poached, poached in sauce, scrambled, fried (especially in butter), hard or soft boiled - it's all eggy delicious goodness!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    I think I must be fickle because I stared at this question, and my brain went blank. I don't have a favorite. Poached, poached in sauce, scrambled, fried (especially in butter), hard or soft boiled - it's all eggy delicious goodness!
    I've never made a fried egg, going to try it this week sometime
    *~Sara~*

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    scrambled in butter
    scrambled in bacon grease
    over easy on top of a hamburger
    More recently -over easy on top of a small microwaved potato to soak up the yolk

richard is offline Senior Member
    lately I fry bacon, or heat a bunch of grassfed butter in a small sautee pan and then add an egg or two, scramble them in the fat, so they pick up all that fat. It is fantastic and helps me get more fat in.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I forgot egg salad!

I sub a little olive oil for the mayo mostly because homemade mayo in a household of one goes bad too quickly. The small amount of oil makes the egg salad really velvety.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Paleobird Guest
    Huevos rancheros.

smartuko is offline Senior Member
    I have recently been adding Redmond organic season salt to my fried eggs. Little slice of heaven right there.

Real Salt Organic Season Salt | Redmond Trading Company

fresa is offline Member
    Mmmmm, fried in olive oil. I'd never had them done that way before I got here, but they are soooo good. They don't just coat the bottom of the pan so it doesn't stick; they literally fry it in the oil, as in the egg floats on the surface of the hot oil, and then they use a strainer thing to catch it and take it out. I absolutely love the flavor that the olive oil adds to the egg. And to throw that on top of some steak...first thing I am trying when I get home.

fifer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My favourite is boiled eggs (in the US you would call them soft-boiled). Put eggs into a pan of boiling water, start clock. Keep pan at a gentle boil. Pull'em out after 4 1/2 mins and put into egg-cups.

I love to chop the top off, scoop out a couple of spoonfulls of white, then cut a long knob of butter (pref. kerrygold) and jam it in. Wait 30 secs for the butter to melt, then it is so delicious!

3 or 4 like that all at once in a row is a pretty good breakfast!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast