Thread: Fasting Schedule page

CoMan is offline Junior Member

Fasting Schedule

Primal Fuel
    I crossfit train daily and normally gaze throughout daylight hours on nutrient rich foods. I wanted to trial IF purely for the health benefits and the mental challenge.

I was looking at doing a 6pm to 6pm fast once a week how does that sound.

What other fasting schedules could be recommended.

mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    I lost my extra weight doing alternate day IF (fasting days were under 500 calories for the day, but no eating window). For maintenance I transitioned to two days a week, the 5:2 plan, but kept losing weight so now I do just one 500 calorie IF day a week. I love the simplicity of my fasting days
    *~Sara~*

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoMan View Post
    I crossfit train daily and normally gaze throughout daylight hours on nutrient rich foods. I wanted to trial IF purely for the health benefits and the mental challenge.

That's graze, right?

6 pm to 6 pm once a week is reasonable and not uncommon.

Some people daily eat during only a 12 hour, 8 hour, 6 hour, 5 hour, 4 hour, or even smaller window of eating.

Some people do a full day fast, consuming no calories during that day.

There are benefits to mixing up your calories and macros to keep your body on its toes.

Try it and see.

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoMan View Post

No offense, but that really isn't much of a fast. What you will wind up doing is cycling through liver glycogen stores once a week. Given that you do Crossfit, odds are that you are already rather good at cycling through glycogen ( primarily muscular, with some hepatic backup ). There's nothing like a metcon workout to drain your glycogen stores, and Crossfit can be rather metcon heavy depending on the gym you attend.

If you really want to try IF, I've written some things on the topic. You can find the links in my signature.

Good luck,

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    No offense, but that really isn't much of a fast. What you will wind up doing is cycling through liver glycogen stores once a week. Given that you do Crossfit, odds are that you are already rather good at cycling through glycogen ( primarily muscular, with some hepatic backup ). There's nothing like a metcon workout to drain your glycogen stores, and Crossfit can be rather metcon heavy depending on the gym you attend.

If you really want to try IF, I've written some things on the topic. You can find the links in my signature.

Good luck,

-PK
    No offence taken... I'm very new to all this primal living and done some reading on IF and didn't want to rush things and cause myself problem etc. don't forget for last 31 years I've been eating living a very different way. Thanks for your help and ill have a swat up on info.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    That's graze, right?

6 pm to 6 pm once a week is reasonable and not uncommon.

Some people daily eat during only a 12 hour, 8 hour, 6 hour, 5 hour, 4 hour, or even smaller window of eating.

Some people do a full day fast, consuming no calories during that day.

There are benefits to mixing up your calories and macros to keep your body on its toes.

Try it and see.
    Very interesting thanks for your info