Thread: What to eat after fasting? page

CoMan is offline Junior Member

What to eat after fasting?

Shop Now
    Did my fist IF yesterday. Just wondered what's the best foods to tuck into after?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    It doesn't matter. Eat what you usually do. Some people prefer to eat lighter, some people prefer to eat a heavy meal. Do what works for you, there's no set rule.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Do you mean that you went longer without a meal during the same day ? or that you went a few days without eating ?
    If by IF, you mean that you altered your meal schedule for the day (from 3 to 1 for example), then just eat until you feel full when comes eating time. Start with the most nutritious stuff though! Fill up with the more superficial things when fed with the more relevant foods if you still feel hungry. You will really avoid issues that way (like over-eating empty calories because you feel famished).

Quote Originally Posted by dkJames View Post
    Do you mean that you went longer without a meal during the same day ? or that you went a few days without eating ?
    If by IF, you mean that you altered your meal schedule for the day (from 3 to 1 for example), then just eat until you feel full when comes eating time. Start with the most nutritious stuff though! Fill up with the more superficial things when fed with the more relevant foods if you still feel hungry. You will really avoid issues that way (like over-eating empty calories because you feel famished).
    I fasted after my 6pm Sunday dinner to my 6pm Monday dinner. I ate some slow roasted pulled pork with red cabbage salad. I ate till just satisfied but not full to the brim. This morning i felt so energised! I was just wondering if I needed to eat something particular. As was looking to do this on A weekly basis.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    CoMan, I naturally changed my eating schedules to one meal a day most days of the week. I am more liberal during the week-end because of social habits. I feel great but that depends on your workouts, fat-adaptation, nutritional value of your food, etc. If you have suddenly altered your eating schedules from 3 to 1 meal / day, your brain will trick you with hunger signals. You want to go slowly with this kind of things. If you just want to do it once a while, then it is perfectly fine.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    I try to eat sashimi after a fast. Granted, this is just an excuse to eat more sashimi, but hey! Raw fish is an easily digestible protein, too. That's the reason! Right?

Cheers for the input. I have more questions but ill start a new thread.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Doing short fasts like that you will get used to the feeling and be able to just start eating your next meal, whatever it is, a little extra food as your appetite dictates.

If I were doing a 36 hour fast or longer, I would be sure to break the fast with fatty meat, to kill my hunger. Starting with juice, fruit, or other carbs as is often recommended out there will just make me so hungry I will end up eating everything in the house.