Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to cure a huge appetite? page

egyption grok is offline Senior Member

how to cure a huge appetite?

Primal Fuel
    even though i just ate a huge meal(and its full of fats) i still seem to want food , its very destressing bec im trying to lose weight

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Add more veggies, protein and/or starch. Does wonders.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I would eat a lot of fish / organs / meats first. If you are still hungry after that, then fill up with veggies and fruits.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    try Shangri-La diet - google it, or Seth Roberts, the creator.

freerangepiglings is offline Senior Member
    But you're very young and an athelete so that appetite is probably there for a reason.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Some people do not satiate on fat.

If your primarily mechanism of satiation is proteins, go with leaner meats, egg whites, turkey breast etc, upping your proteins to at leas 1 g per lb of lean body mass.
    If you satiate on starches, add boiled white potatoes
    If you need a combination of starch and fat, try adding up to 1/2 cup of potatoes or sweet potatoes to your meats with every meal
    If your primary satiation is fibre, add avocado or two a day eat copious green veggies, and reduce meats

Try eating all your meals warm, avoid cold meals

Restrict fruit to 2 cups a day and give preference to grapefruits, sour apples and berries

Drink warm bone broth and/or hot lemon-chili peppers and salt master cleanse drink (sans sweetener)

Supplement fish oil, glucomannan

Chose cinnamon, chili & fenugreek seeds as your spices...
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    What's "huge"? You could be exercising a lot and restricting too much, in which case your hunger is the need for fuel.

Excessive hunger is probably a hormonal imbalance.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

pklopp is offline Senior Member
    You need to give post-prandial satiety some time.

Dietary fats are not absorbed into the blood stream as other nutrients are. This is principally due to the fact that fats are hydrophobic ( i.e. not soluble in water). Instead, fats are taken up by the lymphatic system and packaged into chylomicrons, which sequester the fats inside of a lipoprotein shell which is itself soluble in water, whereupon the chylomicron fat delivery vehicles are set loose for distribution via the bloodstream.

If all of this sounds to you like it is complicated and might take some time, then, you're absolutely correct. As a net result of the somewhat tortuous route that dietary lipids take to enter the blood stream, you won't see elevated plasma triacylglycerides for about an hour after ingestion, and even then, the peak plasma values are not seen until 3-5 hours after ingestion. As an aside, this goes a long way towards explaining the satiety effects of ketogenic diets that are heavily fat based ... you're still "eating" your meal 5 hours after you've had it!

In terms of rates of nutrient absorption, carbohydrates are fastest, followed by amino acids which take a "detour" through the liver, and finally fats, which, as I mentioned, are processed via the lymphatic system.

So, if I were in your shoes, I'd give it some time to determine whether I was still truly hungry, or rather exhibiting some temporal satiety lag due to the absorption kinetics of my meal. In plain speak, give it an hour or so before you decide that you are still hungry.

-PK
    My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

richard is offline Senior Member
    excessive hunger can also be habitual, that is, brain based. The brain's reward center can become accustomed to a very full feeling and somewhat habituated to it.

It can easily be modified over 4 to 6 weeks where it won't be a problem anymore. The solution is to eat less and remain "hungry" for a bit until the brain receives satiation signals for real which are often 15 to 45 minutes after eating. Then the brain will adjust to this afte r awhile.

Ketogenic diets help because the body really isn't hungry in the same way anymore. That is, blood sugar doesn't drop causing strong hunger and it's easier to eat small meals.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by pklopp View Post
    You need to give post-prandial satiety some time.

Dietary fats are not absorbed into the blood stream as other nutrients are. This is principally due to the fact that fats are hydrophobic ( i.e. not soluble in water). Instead, fats are taken up by the lymphatic system and packaged into chylomicrons, which sequester the fats inside of a lipoprotein shell which is itself soluble in water, whereupon the chylomicron fat delivery vehicles are set loose for distribution via the bloodstream.

If all of this sounds to you like it is complicated and might take some time, then, you're absolutely correct. As a net result of the somewhat tortuous route that dietary lipids take to enter the blood stream, you won't see elevated plasma triacylglycerides for about an hour after ingestion, and even then, the peak plasma values are not seen until 3-5 hours after ingestion. As an aside, this goes a long way towards explaining the satiety effects of ketogenic diets that are heavily fat based ... you're still "eating" your meal 5 hours after you've had it!

In terms of rates of nutrient absorption, carbohydrates are fastest, followed by amino acids which take a "detour" through the liver, and finally fats, which, as I mentioned, are processed via the lymphatic system.

So, if I were in your shoes, I'd give it some time to determine whether I was still truly hungry, or rather exhibiting some temporal satiety lag due to the absorption kinetics of my meal. In plain speak, give it an hour or so before you decide that you are still hungry.

-PK
    This is very useful, thank you for taking the time to post this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast