Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What to do with a boiled egg page

EMonger is offline Member

What to do with a boiled egg

Shop Now
    I started taking boiled eggs to work with me. But I can see that I might get bored with them as quickly as I did lettuce wraps, which I can only tolerate about once a week. So what can I do to a hard boiled egg to keep it interesting? I know salt & pepper help, and sometimes I've put mustard on them, and I'll probably try guacamole; I found guacamole on single-serving packs. Surely there must be other ways to eat an egg.

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    mayonnaise of course
    or wrapped in bacon or better: Parma ham, or any other healthy ham from Italy or France.
    You can also do it as the Danes from the Island of Bornholm: on top of a smoked herring fillet ... ah but wait, it's not boiled in this case.

You can also cut your eggs in pieces, add pieces of fresh tomatoes, spring onions and avocados, on a bed of rucola salad with basil pesto and Parmesan cheese. I don't know, there are zillions of ways to treat your eggs

MikeAtTaree is offline Member
    wrap it with ground (minced) pork and beef with some onion minced in and deep fry it in tallow, lard or ghee.

Scotch Egg

scotch egg.jpg

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I never tire of hard boiled eggs lol!

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Serve with tuna salad. And tomatoes. Hard-boiled eggs go well with bacon, too.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Pickle them! Or infuse them with a flavor. Like...personal favorite is to juice a few beets, and put a chunk of ginger and apple and fresh dill in...juice it all. Add some water to make it go farther. Put it in a baggie and fill it with peeled hard boiled eggs. Put it in the fridge. In three or so days you'll have beautiful hot pink delicious eggs. The juice from a jar of pickles or olives or pepperocini is also perfect for a quick pickling but check the ingredients first in case there's something objectionable.

Also...deviled eggs. Noms. Also....chicken liver pate. You need hard boiled eggs for that.

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Anything in the pantry seems to work well. Taco blend, curry blend, Chinese five spice, etc.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EMonger View Post
    I found guacamole on single-serving packs.
    That would be called an avocado.

Do you have a muffin tin? Scramble up a bunch of eggs. Grease the tin. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin tins about half way to the top. Add different things to each "muffin." Onions, meat, spinach, tomato, jalapeno (or other pepper), etc. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes. Now you have eggs with as many flavors as your tin had space. These can also be frozen in batches and defrost pretty quickly.

Here's green eggs and ham:

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    cut in half and mash the yolk with some mustard, vinegar and spices to make a dip that you can use to dip the egg white in. sort of deviled eggish but i like to make my filling more runny. it also works really well for sweet applications. add a touch of honey or maple syrup to the mashed yolks. its delicious.

sofiajp is offline Member
    I take a few hard boiled eggs, cut them up in a bowl and add a lot of butter and some salt. If the eggs are cold then I heat them up in the microwave. I never get tired of them this way.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast