Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What to do with a boiled egg page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by EMonger View Post
    How do you make this green eggs & ham? I'm guessing the green comes from spinach?
    Copied this from my journal for you so that you wouldn't have to read the whole boring post.

Green Eggs & Ham (for one)

I like frozen greens. Not sure if it’s an Italian thing (Giada DeLaurentis uses a lot of frozen spinach) or a 1950s thing, or just a single person thing (fresh greens go bad really quickly).

Take about 5 oz by weight frozen greens (spinach, collards, mustard) and put them in a colander to drain. When they’re fully defrosted, pick up with your hand, squeeze any remaining water out, and place in blender. Pulse to get them started.

Add three eggs to blender. Blend until greens are incorporated evenly into the eggs.

Shred about 2 oz of sliced ham. Put in blender and blend for a few seconds.

You can cook this as a scrambled egg dish, but I did it in a muffin pan. Pour the mixture into the muffin pan.

Take another 2 oz of sliced ham and slice it into 6 pieces. Top “muffins” with each of the pieces of ham.

Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350F (177C) for 30 minutes. Take out of oven and let them rest. I have a cast iron muffin tin, so they continue to cook quite a bit. If you’re using a lighter metal, or silicone, you might want to leave them in the oven for a few more minutes.

When they’ve cooled enough to handle, plate and top with some Parmesan cheese. (Optional) Other toppings: hot sauce or salsa.

Note: I did mine in cast iron, but if you use a muffin tin that isn't non-stick, you might want to grease it with your choice of fat/oil before you pour in the egg mixture.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

We're men, Gus; the world is our toilet.

kathleen is offline Senior Member
    Egg salad, basically chopped up hard boiled eggs mixed in with mayo and salt/pepper. Eggs, eggs, eggs.

I also like to chop them and put them in with my greens salad.
    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Jojogoingprimal is offline Junior Member
    Solstice....

Great idea, spice it up a little with red peppers / curry and you've got a local cuisine of Bali/indonesia " Soto Ayam" i love it!!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    You can add curry powder to boiled eggs as well.

Or eat them with gherkins (pickles) / cheese / chicken / beef / mayo. Generally something creamy or another strong flavour.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Adrian is offline Senior Member
    I love them with Tabasco and a sparkle of salt But also with guacamole dip.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123