Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are vegetables a free-food? page 4

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Techie View Post
    If you are eating non starch vegetables like lettuce...
    I find a head of iceberg lettuce makes a nice snack. Hold the head of lettuce in the left hand, tear off a hunk with your right hand, and gnaw on it. Gets you in touch with your inner Grok.

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    Vegetables are NOT negative calorie foods - this is such a misconception and a myth. So yes, you do need to count them, BUT... They're healthy, so you shouldn't feel guilty if you go over your calorie allotment because you ate one too many cups of spinach!

Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    The only specific food I've ever heard this about is celery, but that was probably from some BS Men's Health article so...

I find a head of iceberg lettuce makes a nice snack. Hold the head of lettuce in the left hand, a rock with your right hand, and bash an animal over the head when it tries to eat the lettuce. Gets you in touch with your inner Grok.
    ^fixed

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    The only specific food I've ever heard this about is celery, but that was probably from some BS Men's Health article so...

I find a head of iceberg lettuce makes a nice snack. Hold the head of lettuce in the left hand, a rock with your right hand, and bash an animal over the head when it tries to eat the lettuce. Gets you in touch with your inner Grok.

^fixed
    My inner Grok got a big kick out of that one. Finally a good use for iceberg lettuce!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234