Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one here that doesn't cook? page 5

firemart is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Since my my wife, son and I all I go to the gym 3 times per week, it makes cooking difficult. We all usually aren't home until 630-700 PM on fitness days. That's becoming a nuisance, but the effects of the gym work are beginning to show.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sthubbar View Post
    The start of this discuss is that recently I am travelling for business and I have caught myself ording McD and KFC for delivery because it allows me to work in my hotel room and not "waste" 1.5 - 2 hours going outside finding places to eat and eating.
    Yep. I'm traveling in the states right now on business, in a hotel room.

I get a room with a kitchen, wake up early today (Sunday) goto Whole foods shop for the week, wake up every day at 5am and cook for the day. Just gotta do it.

But yeah, if not that, it would necessarily be KFC or whatever, as this country is a food wasteland.

Basically, in the US at least, not cooking = certainly getting fat. And there was that thing called feminism, so women won't cook. So basically everyone is fat.

252dlp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EatMoveSleep View Post
    I presume you add heat to the pot/pan before you take out the 'thrown in' food..........that IS cooking
    Sort of. Not probably what most people consider cooking, but I DO add heat, and occasionally I will move the contents of the pan or pot around so as to not completely burn one side only.

My current diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100765.html
    My original diary: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread77760.html

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    ...women won't cook.
    Excuse me?

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I do cook, but I am a lazy cooker. Lately the frying pan has been my biggest friend when it comes to cooking. Some coconut oil or butter, a few minutes in the pan with some meat and veggies, maybe some eggs, boom, dinner. I don't really go in for all these complicated techniques and methods, ect. I am capable in the kitchen, enough so that I have done them before (and might if there are guests involved), but when cooking for myself I simply pull out the frying pan and do a quick "five minute, one plate" meal. I don't desire spending my whole day in the kitchen planning out "gourmet paleo/primal feasts."

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I do cook, but I am a lazy cooker. Late.y the frying pan has been my biggest friend when it comes to cooking. Some coconut oil or butter, a few minutes in the pan with some meat and veggies, maybe some eggs, boom, dinner. I don't really go in for all these complicated techniques and methods, ect. I am capable in the kitchen, enough so that I have done them before (and might if there are guests involved), but when cooking for myself I simply pull out the frying pan and do a quick "five minute, one plate" meal. I don't desire spending my whole day in the kitchen planning out "gourmet paleo/primal feasts."
    Really, why spend half the day turning a pile of flour and a dozen other ingredients into something impressive when you can start and end with steak, vegetables, and butter in only 10 minutes of work?

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    Yep. I'm traveling in the states right now on business, in a hotel room.

But yeah, if not that, it would necessarily be KFC or whatever, as this country is a food wasteland.

Basically, in the US at least, not cooking = certainly getting fat. And there was that thing called feminism, so women won't cook. So basically everyone is fat.
    With such sweeping cultural and sexist judgements, I can see why no woman would care to cook for you. Keep up the good work and take some cooking classes as in investment for your lonely future devoid of friends and family.

Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Really, why spend half the day turning a pile of flour and a dozen other ingredients into something impressive when you can start and end with steak, vegetables, and butter in only 10 minutes of work?
    Indeed. And primal or paleo baking? I never understood the appeal of trying to mimic foods that you had pre-primal. Maybe, MAYBE if you are making a primal desert for some non-primal guests, but that would be about it for me. Even that feels like too much effort anyway.

I use the KISS method in my kitchen.

missblue is offline Senior Member
    Now that summer is here where I live, we move out of the kitchen to "barbeque land" and grill a bunch of meat at once, and pair that with salad or easy dishes throughout the week in our version of "Summer KISS". Food that tastes like it is which is well-prepared doesn't need much enhancement, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by missblue View Post
    Now that summer is here where I live, we move out of the kitchen to "barbeque land" and grill a bunch of meat at once, and pair that with salad or easy dishes throughout the week in our version of "Summer KISS". Food that tastes like it is which is well-prepared doesn't need much enhancement, does it?
    I live in an apartment where I can't have a barbecue unfortunately, so I do get out to do some grilling with friends a few times each summer, but I can't get out to do it every day. I would though if I could. It's an extremely quick and easy way to prepare food with little fuss.

OP, if the weather is nice and you have access to a park or something with outdoor grills, you could easily spend five - ten minutes grilling up some meat and asparagus and plating. Barely even have to think about that except to flip the meat once.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast