Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fast Food Grok page 2

phigment is offline Senior Member
    Fast food from a store deli : boiled eggs, salad, rottesoire chicken, premade guacamole for said salad (wholly guacamole and some brand name that starts with a c), pre chopped veggies and fruit, etc...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Whenever I'm on the move (in a hotel, walking for over 12h in an unfamiliar city, at uni all day...) I buy up supermarket veg, pre-cooked deli meats (choose the ones with only a bit of salt and dextrose; sugar's better than preservatives), uncooked mince, uncooked diced beef, fruit and HUGE bags of nuts (a 1kg bag is easy to transport and good for a quick fix).
    This should be easy for you, as supermarkets are hard NOT to come by and all carry those foods (bar the nuts). Just pop in and stock up for the day.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sthubbar View Post
    [...]
    - I don't cook and have no interest/time to start cooking
    [...]
    Before turning "primal", I was in the same boat: no interest in cooking at all, which made my wife quite annoyed and angry at times. So when she pushed me to cook something, I would make some quick pasta with a pre-made sauce, or order from a delivery company. I was SOOOO LAZY ...

When I turned my diet upside-down, I discovered a passion for simple cooking (I am not a chef in any stretch of the mind), I actually became the family cook, doing all sorts of things, mostly simple but when time allows, I try something a bit more complex. It's been 8 months and I don't even tire of it. Don't neglect a mind shift when you change your diet and only eat real whole foods.

KimchiNinja is offline Senior Member
    I think this thread is asking the impossible.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If you can spend the time in line at a KFC then going back to your hotel and peeling off the breading, surely you have time to go to a local store to buy a chicken leg to boil or fry...it takes 10 minutes tops. Even less to shape a beef patty and cook it up.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

zizou is offline Senior Member
    My primal fast food is sushi sushi. Theres few other options too but i feel like theyre a waste of money for the portion you get so i tend to just stick to sushi sushi for my take away fix.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I'd eat sushi every day for fast food but I'm not made of money.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Grab apple. Eat apple.

Fast food.

EatMoveSleep is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimchiNinja View Post
    I think this thread is asking the impossible.
    Yep best comment so far given the constraints.

Time wasted here.

Satisfy is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Read the primal blueprint. Learn what foods are good/bad. Now when you travel order healthy food... this can be as simple as ordering a burger WITHOUT the bread, asking for your cheff to cook the steak with butter NOT canola oil, trying local cuisines/traditional dishes.

You might come more attuned to finding healthier places where you travel. Doesnt the US usaully have kale smoothie bars hidden somewhere? Order salad wherever you go, thats on every good menu.

Im assuming cost isnt an issue. Im also hoping you learn about intermittent fasting, many people who travel frequently with the paleo style find IF compliments their life extremely well. This means you wont be lugging food around everwhere

If your new; it will take a while (and effort) to learn how to have a healthy lifestyle and travel. Implement small change ebery week like cutting out soda drinks or no bread. After a while, couple months, it will be apart of your life and it will feel like a walk in the park dont ne lazy your only failing yourself one you eat healthy you feel great and have more motivation for life which will cure alot of lazy issues.
    -safe is the new risky

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast