Hey guys! I've been about a month primal & a week or so on a fairly strict version with higher fats (yum) & only carbs from veggies, fruits & occasional nuts/dark chocolate. I had been doing so well...Then today my friend's German guest gave me a gift of German chocolate & beer as a token of her appreciation. It's not the instance where you say no thank you...that would be beyond rude. I accepted it & could not resist the chocolate. I had to try it & it was heavenly. Then I ate the whole bar because I am a sugar addict.

I have a few questions/need some advice:

1) How do you recover from slip-ups? I am trying not to beat myself up about it but it's hard...

2) Do I adjust my total carbs for the day or just continue to eat regularly? I want to minimize the effect but the idea of cutting vegetables (which are carbs) seems silly...

3) How can I kick my serious sugar addiction? If I am too strict then the moment I have the opportunity to eat something sweet I will devour it. I have no problems saying no to other savory types of foods but sugar/sweets are totally different. I don't keep them in the house but my friends already think I'm crazy & don't get it & will offer me things to be polite...

Thanks!