Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sub for mayo page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    If someone has a problem with eggs but still wants to stay Primal (no seed oils or soy yuckiness) this is an option.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65362.html

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I actually like and use soy-free Vegenaise. It's high in MUFAs, low in PUFAs, and the only questionable ingredient is the pea protein which I'm sure is a trivial amount per serving. It tastes pretty good for being egg-free. It's REALLY expensive, though. $7 for a small jar.
    whats wrong with pea protein?

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    I'm just not a fan of isolated anything. It's probably harmless in small amounts.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    Peas are also legumes. Not primal.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Peas are also legumes. Not primal.
    I'm pretty sure Mark has given a Primal pass to peas and string beans.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Raskalnikov92 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Guys! (sorry cant seem to figure out how to put this in a more appropriate place, hopefully someone can enlighten me, but for now i guess have pity on a technologically unsaavy paleo aspirer ... )

My name is Luke, and i am relatively new to the paleo lifestyle. I am feeling uneasy about all these criteria, and am wondering if i am getting the hang of it or not. I workout about 5 to 6 times a week, usually calisthenics along with three or four runs (maye 1 or 2 HIIT sessions thrown in). Anyways, the point being i am active. I dont thin i am the first person to say i really want to get lean and mean for the beach this summer ... If i had to guess i would say my BFP were somewhere around 11 percent (153 pounds, 5 foot 9)...anyways, i hope this is not sabotaging the thread, but does this look like a good pale sample day? Mistakes? Additions? Subtractions? Any help would be appreciated Thanks !

Breakfast: 3 eggs in olive oil with some broccoli and mushrooms thrown in and half an avocado
    Post Workout: scoop of whey protein in almond milk, 2 tbsp of almond butter, 2 cups of raw spinach, half a banana, and (gulp) a serving of yogurt
    Dinner: 4 oz of chicken with onion broccoli and spinach (cooked in butter)

is it enough calories?
    too little fat?
    too few carbs? I dont have a scale, so how do you guys measure vegetables (this in particular is stressing me out because i am aiming for around 100 grams but seem a bit oblivious as to how much i am consuming)

Anyway, as you can see, as a noobie, i am stressing hard haha..
    Last edited by Raskalnikov92; 05-06-2013 at 05:58 PM.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Hey Luke Welcome!

You'll get more responses if you start a new thread. Maybe the Meet and Greet forum - Meet and Greet | Mark's Daily Apple Health and Fitness Forum page - see on the left where it says + Post New Thread?

The list of all the forums is here in case you want to post in Nutrition or Fitness instead. Good luck with your beach body

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raskalnikov92 View Post
    Hi Guys! (sorry cant seem to figure out how to put this in a more appropriate place, hopefully someone can enlighten me, but for now i guess have pity on a technologically unsaavy paleo aspirer ... )

My name is Luke, and i am relatively new to the paleo lifestyle. I am feeling uneasy about all these criteria, and am wondering if i am getting the hang of it or not. I workout about 5 to 6 times a week, usually calisthenics along with three or four runs (maye 1 or 2 HIIT sessions thrown in). Anyways, the point being i am active. I dont thin i am the first person to say i really want to get lean and mean for the beach this summer ... If i had to guess i would say my BFP were somewhere around 11 percent (153 pounds, 5 foot 9)...anyways, i hope this is not sabotaging the thread, but does this look like a good pale sample day? Mistakes? Additions? Subtractions? Any help would be appreciated Thanks !

Breakfast: 3 eggs in olive oil with some broccoli and mushrooms thrown in and half an avocado
    Post Workout: scoop of whey protein in almond milk, 2 tbsp of almond butter, 2 cups of raw spinach, half a banana, and (gulp) a serving of yogurt
    Dinner: 4 oz of chicken with onion broccoli and spinach (cooked in butter)

is it enough calories?
    too little fat?
    too few carbs? I dont have a scale, so how do you guys measure vegetables (this in particular is stressing me out because i am aiming for around 100 grams but seem a bit oblivious as to how much i am consuming)

Anyway, as you can see, as a noobie, i am stressing hard haha..
    if you're cooking with butter why do you have this hesitancy to state you eat yogurt?

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I'm pretty sure Mark has given a Primal pass to peas and string beans.
    Yes.
    Fresh green peas and green beans. Because those are fresh green foods and have not gone through the process of ripening and drying that imparts the phytates ans lectins.

Pea protein is not a fresh green food though, nor derived from it.
    It's from ripe, dried peas... essentially the same as dried beans.

But we all choose what we find acceptable.
    And in small amounts it's likely not a big deal.
    To each their own.
    I don't have an issue with eggs, so I'll stick with homemade mayo, with cultured whey.
    Duck fat/eggs makes a particularly tasty mayo!
    (local natural pastured duck and eggs)
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    There are times when one can substitute softened butter for mayonnaise.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast