Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Summer Bucket List page 2

  1. #11
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,512
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    1. Conquer the world.
    2. Have a milkshake.
    milkshake- easy
    conquering the world- hmmmm I have a song running through my head. Are you old enough to remember the song Laverne and Shirley used to sing about an ant and a rubber tree plant?? LOL Its got "high hopes".

    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    mom23kids, honestly, the easiest thing is to bring a cooler and some pre-made stuff. OTOH, I've never been a mom to any kids, so if they're going also, maybe a cooler will be just one more hassle on the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
    The road trip will be me, dh, our oldest dd, who's the flower girl for the wedding (8), my fil and then we're stopping in IA to pick up a teenage cousin and then his mom/dh's aunt. Our other two kids are staying home with my mil (she's finishing cancer treatment and can't do the long car ride).

    I was thinking Larabars, Kind bars, jerky and nuts for breakfasts/snacks, and then after that I don't know. We're renting a mini van but there's not going to be a lot of room, especially after we pick up the IA people. We don't have a lot of extra time, so it will be fast food drive throughs and gas station stops for food.
    With not much room a cooler might be tough. I would say though if you can manage a small one it would be worth it for HB eggs, fruit. Jerky, nuts and seeds are good go-to's.
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  2. #12
    mom23kids's Avatar
    mom23kids is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    milkshake- easy
    conquering the world- hmmmm I have a song running through my head. Are you old enough to remember the song Laverne and Shirley used to sing about an ant and a rubber tree plant?? LOL Its got "high hopes".

    With not much room a cooler might be tough. I would say though if you can manage a small one it would be worth it for HB eggs, fruit. Jerky, nuts and seeds are good go-to's.
    Fruit and seeds are good ideas-thanks! I will try and work in a small cooler, that would be a big help, at least for the first couple of days. The rehearsel dinner and reception meal will be very upscale/nice, so I'm anticipating some sort of steak and seafood for those two meals. For lunches and suppers I think I'll just have to do lesser of evils, and then fast food salads whenever I can. Even a Wendy's baked potato isn't too bad, so I'll probably get that at least once. And it's only a week, so afterwards I'll get right back on track
    *~Sara~*

  3. #13
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,487
    Good stuff for road trip coolers:
    Lettuce wraps
    Almond butter and fruit
    Avocados
    Leftovers from home (I like to not have moldy stuff waiting for me at home)
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

  4. #14
    not on the rug's Avatar
    not on the rug is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    4,017
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    1. Conquer the world.
    2. Have a milkshake.
    are you going to conquer the world in a fasted state, then use the milkshake as a celebratory re-feed/post-workout meal?
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

    Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

  5. #15
    Kegas76's Avatar
    Kegas76 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    267
    This reminded me that I never made it out to Fort De Soto last year. Just confirmed this as a day trip with the wife over Memorial weekend


    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    40. Watch summer Olympics
    This might be hard to complete.

  6. #16
    Rusty's Avatar
    Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    184
    My summer bucket list is still in process. We just moved to the Sacramento area, and there are TONS of parks, tucked in to all sorts of places, so we have already started checking out all the parks in the area.

    Personally, I have started doing 100 burpees in 100 days (I am on day 18). So, I will keep that going.

    Check out museums.
    Discover the areas hiking trails.
    Swimming (there are lots of pools in the area).
    One or two camping weekends.
    Pin-A-Go-Go (pinball playing expo in Dixon, CA on May 17th, 18th and 19th)
    Weekly library trips.

    I am looking forward to the ideas others have! This is fun!

  7. #17
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegas76 View Post
    This reminded me that I never made it out to Fort De Soto last year. Just confirmed this as a day trip with the wife over Memorial weekend




    This might be hard to complete.
    true
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

  8. #18
    athomeontherange's Avatar
    athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    7,512
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    My summer bucket list is still in process. We just moved to the Sacramento area, and there are TONS of parks, tucked in to all sorts of places, so we have already started checking out all the parks in the area.

    Personally, I have started doing 100 burpees in 100 days (I am on day 18). So, I will keep that going.

    Check out museums.
    Discover the areas hiking trails.
    Swimming (there are lots of pools in the area).
    One or two camping weekends.
    Pin-A-Go-Go (pinball playing expo in Dixon, CA on May 17th, 18th and 19th)
    Weekly library trips.

    I am looking forward to the ideas others have! This is fun!
    you have a whole new adventure in front of you!
    Karin


    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

    What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •