Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours of sun are you getting? page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

How many hours of sun are you getting?

Primal Fuel
    We all know the importance of getting enough D:
    Mark's Daily Apple
    Sunshine

So, how many hours, how bright/direct is the sunlight and how much skin got access to it today?
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    What is this "sun" thing you speak of?
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    +1 Sadly, I can go days without getting sun. I don't actually like sunny days very much. I'm more prone to get sunlight on an overcast or rainy day. I take lots of vitD.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Today I'm going to take a long walk on the beach and get lots of VitD but really, it will just be on my face, feet, and hands. It's too chilly yet to wear summer clothes, it's more of a jeans and sweatshirts (more than one) kind of day.

dacec is offline Senior Member
    Typically a minimum of 70- 90 mins ( per day X6 days) with good exposure. 3 days in a two piece swim suit, 3 days in a tank and shorts. This exposure comes with my workouts....there is always more exposure beyond that, but that's the min.

This morning I got 1h and 40min of sun before it became too strong for me. Having fair skin from my Celtic side, I have to be cautious. I'll prolly nip out later, though. Sat around in the shortest sleeveless dress I have.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I'd apologize, but...

Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    True, you haven't got your Summer weather yet.

But you CAN try and get outside in a t-shirt whenever it's even slightly sunny/less cloudy. As long as it was over 5C, this Winter I made the effort to get out in a T-shirt sometimes even if it was windy/raining. Any sunlight that gets through the clouds was stolen by my skin. Last Winter my D3 was just a bit low, where the one before I was so low I got ill and was prescribed supplements. So it seems to have worked, regardless of how little sun there actually was. So even non-visible sun helps.
    --

--
    I'd apologize, but...

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    True, you haven't got your Summer weather yet.

But you CAN try and get outside in a t-shirt whenever it's even slightly sunny/less cloudy. As long as it was over 5C, this Winter I made the effort to get out in a T-shirt sometimes even if it was windy/raining. Any sunlight that gets through the clouds was stolen by my skin. Last Winter my D3 was just a bit low, where the one before I was so low I got ill and was prescribed supplements. So it seems to have worked, regardless of how little sun there actually was. So even non-visible sun helps.
    Keep in mind that I live right next to the north sea and have been experiencing regular 30-40+ mph winds which makes that 5 to 10 degree weather feel like the freaking Antarctic....
    Stupid Siberian weather
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    This weekend I probably got about 1.5-2 hours too much lol, but it was the first weekend we had clear sunny skies, low winds, and hot temps. I was sitting on the deck having a couple of beers with my wife with my shirt off, and I am now pink, but it is fading fast. I think I got about 3-3.5 hours Saturday, and about 2 hours yesterday (a little more cautious with covering my skin)

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Around two hours, in the morning and in the late afternoon! The sun is pretty strong here where I live, so I try to avoid direct sunlight in the middle of the day...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast