Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many hours of sun are you getting? page 2

lemontwisst is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGrok View Post
    This weekend I probably got about 1.5-2 hours too much lol, but it was the first weekend we had clear sunny skies, low winds, and hot temps. I was sitting on the deck having a couple of beers with my wife with my shirt off, and I am now pink, but it is fading fast. I think I got about 3-3.5 hours Saturday, and about 2 hours yesterday (a little more cautious with covering my skin)
    I think everyone in AB was outside this weekend soaking it in and celebrating the end of the. longest. winter. ever. I managed a couple hours of patio time on Saturday but was stuck inside working all day yesterday. I'll take full advantage today, though!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Normally I will go out at noon and take a walk in short sleeves. Sometimes I will change into shorts. On weekends I will usually cover up with long sleeves and pants when I go hiking because the sun is harsh and the scratchy plants are harsher.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

DinoHunter is offline Senior Member
    Whoo-hoo! I woke up to sunshine and no wind this morning.
    Of course i have to work today

But been out for half an hour with the dogs and hopefully the weather will stick so I can get some rays later on. When it is nice out I try to get out as much as possible.
    Naked sunbathing in the back garden when its warm enough
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    These days in DK, there is plenty of sunshine and spring is suddenly blooming like crazy!! I have been outdoor for quite many hours, I commute 1h30 by bike everyday in shorts and T-shirt, and during week-ends, we are 4-5 hours outdoor each day (been to the beach last Sunday).

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Whoo-hoo! I woke up to sunshine and no wind this morning.
    Of course i have to work today

But been out for half an hour with the dogs and hopefully the weather will stick so I can get some rays later on. When it is nice out I try to get out as much as possible.
    Naked sunbathing in the back garden when its warm enough
    Sweet!
    Glad you're finally seeing some of the yellow feller in the sky.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    2h out and wandering in the sun. Nice and bright today.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

Patti is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday we hiked in dappled sunshine for 7 hours with a break in the sun for lunch. The weather is still cool here and the ticks are abundant so I wore a ball cap, long sleeved shirt and long pants. My face, hands and wrists still got a fair amt. of sun and the bit of pink I came home with has already faded.

diene is offline Senior Member
    As little as possible. I take a vitamine D supplement. Blasting your skin with UV radiation accelerates aging.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I used to get more (usually 6 hours solid - southwest United States desert climate) when I could walk my routes every day, but now my routes have been chopped and reassembled so I'm in and out of the truck like a UPS driver for 6 hours instead (plus an hour or so drive each way). I try to get as much exposure as I can, but it doesn't always work out that way.

I have fair skin due to German and Irish ancestry, but 6 years later, I've built up a good tan on my arms, face and neck. I do wear jeans year round so I can power through bushes and (vanity!) not have sock lines when I wear a dress, but I still get the neck V and nearly albino upper arms. I haven't used sun screen, other than on trips where my clothing is different, in at least 3 years or more.

I always wear sunglasses, though. I hate squinting, and I don't think it's good for your eyes all day long anyway.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Pheebie is offline Senior Member
    Not nearly as much as I'd like. Have to be at work (office, desk, blah) from 7:30 - 5:30. I get out around noon, go home, and have lunch on the back patio with my dog, so if the weather's good, that's 15 min. (feet, face & arms). Fridays I get off early, so I get some 'incidental' sun running errands (again - face, feet, arms & legs if it's warm enough.) Ditto that on Saturdays when the Mr. & I are out and about from around 10 a.m. until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Sundays are lazy days, spent almost exclusively at home so if weather permits, I take in some sun on those days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast