Thread: How muct to spend per day on consumables? page

TerpsPwn_387 is offline Member

How muct to spend per day on consumables?

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone.

I am a single 26 year old male. I don't spend too much money with the exception of what I eat. Primal has turned me into a food snob and I usually eat like a king every night. However, this gets expensive...

I normally eat 1.5 to 2 pounds of steak a night with 2 glasses of red wine. In the morning I usually eat a sweet potato with 4-6 eggs and coffee.

I recently moved to a city and have realized it is a lot more expensive than where I came from so I am trying to start saving some money.

For those of you with the same living situation as myself how much do you allow yourself per day on food/drinks?

Also, I usually allow myself 15 to 30$ a week on going out with friends. That number sometimes is a lot higher, however.

Any tips on what to buy to start saving money?

Thank you in advance!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    The only thing I can think of is to invest in a small chest freezer and buy in bulk, whether locally or online. It might take a while to see a return on your initial investment, but in the long run, you'll save.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I estimate per week, not per day. I get paid bi-weekly.

Get bags of potatoes, rice, and fruit (if you eat them) as it's cheaper than going by the pound. Branch out to other kinds of meat! Beef is fairly expensive. You don't need to eat it everyday.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).