Page 1 of 621 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

Naiadknight's chronicles

Primal Fuel
    My backstory:
    I'm a 25 yo female, 5'1.5", 120 lb. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a couple years ago, don't know what variety yet. I knew it was coming because my mother has it and my great grandmother most likely had it. I was diagnosed at approximately the same age my mother was.
    I went to college here in West TX, ate whatever I wanted and walked everywhere (roughly 5-7 mi a day.) I graduated with my Civil engineering degree and went to live with my fiancee and his folks while we saved up for a down payment for a house. He learned to cook from his mother and they can both COOK. The 3 of us spent a lot of time in the kitchen, cooking delicious, horrible SAD food. I gained 20 lb in 3 mo. I went to the dr and got diagnosed with hypo and half- heartedly tried eating CW for the next year, trying desperately to lose that weight. I started feeling crappier and crappier the "healthier" I ate. was also at a job with a boss I downright hated (he stole accomplishments and was an utter Fundie jackass.) My depression (from the hypo) didn't help matters. I really don't want to think about where I'd be right now without the support of my now husband.
    I switched jobs to one I love and started to eat pure CW (with one cheat day for steak and shrimp) with the intent to feel better and lose weight for another year. I lost 5 lb. It was depressing. I did some more research of hypothyroidism and discovered that hypos tend to lose weight more easily on low carb diets. I tried that for two days, hit low carb flu, and went back to CW. Fast forward 3 months and I ran across MDA on Stumble. I read the blog archives for weeks and lurked on the forums, doing research and debating on trying the low carb thing again. The more I read, the more it made sense. The more I lurked on the forums, the more convinced I was. Trying to get both sides of the story, I used google to try to find downsides. The worst one was high cholesterol. I already had that, so I didn't care. I was in.
    I worked my way through low carb flu and started trying to figure out what my body wanted and needed. Still in that process. I've lost 12 of my original 20 lbs, but I honestly don't know that the scale will budge anymore. Muscles replaced skinny fat in many areas. I'm still not proud of my stomach, but it's much better than it was.
    I tried this once and got bored with just writing down what I ate and exercised, so I'm gonna turn this into a true journal; emotions, food, scale, and all.
    I'm still trying to get my husband in on this, but he's eating PB with a side of SAD. He eats PB when I'm the one that cooks, but still eats pizza (once every few weeks), pasta (I use zucchini), and whatever he eats when he's out in the field. I'd say that since I turned PB, he's been 75% PB out of not bothering to cook something else.

Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!
    Today is my first work (goto) week 24 hr fast. C'mon noon (hell)... only 2.5 more (spammer) hours.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-31-2012 at 07:27 PM.

Alright so I accidentally bombed lunch. Stupid catered lunches.... I went with the beef looking thing, figuring it had to be better than the batter dipped chicken thing. Turns out Salisbury steak made the catered way, isn't actually cube steak but formed patties with upwards of 12% flour in the ingredients. I just ate flour. No wonder my innards are acting up. I ate salad and probably a cup of boiled carrots with it. Unfortunately, where I really bombed was the dessert: they had pecan pie and boston cream pie. I'm gonna pay for it dearly, but I had half a slice of each. These ASCE meeting are calculated 20% days, but still, I coulda been better about it.
    I need to lay off the sweets at meetings and parties like this. It wasn't even good boston cream pie. The cake was dry. But I inhaled it anyways like the crack it is. I keep trying to be good, but I need to amp up my willpower. I can make it a full month being fully PB, then I start backsliding because of a family birthday or some such BS. And of course no one keeps berries around when there's cake :/. I need to figure out how to get around that. I realize the dessert and sugar thing is like pica, but that doesn't register when the sugary object is calling me like a homing beacon. I know what it does to me, but I do it anyways. I've actually been doing really well, up till today. I even made a cake for work and didn't lick the beaters or anything. My problem is the process of cutting the cord between me and sugar. I can do really well for a while, then the addict side of me shows up and starts inhaling the crap. Then later on the real me takes the hit for it.... I'll figure something out.

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    Sneaky bastards! Remember, the willpower is like a muscle, and the more you flex it and exercise it, the bigger and stronger it gets! I still have troubles every-once-in-a-blue-moon with desserts too. I tell myself, "Oh, it's a special occasion! I'll just have one bite..." Yeah...right...but I find that the longer I stay on PB the longer in-between screw-ups I go. So keep up the good fight!

Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!
    MMM.... rooibos... works (Fuck) so well after the white (Off) cucumber tea. I can (shithead) concentrate (spammers) again.

so.... I got to thinking about it and realized I don't have a true Best Friend (my husband is a couple steps beyond that.) I have buddies, I have associates, I have colleagues, I have friends, but no one I can call or go for a walk and shoot the shit with, aside from my husband. I had a best friend in HS that developed a crush on me and the relationship got all weird, same goes for my best friend in college (we drifted apart after college because we live across the state from each other). I've never had a female BF, most of them are too frou frou and drama queens. I've always been "one of the guys." We have a couple of his best friends (I'm good friends with them too) every Saturday, but I've yet to find anyone in my stage of life that I can really call a best friend. Acquaintance or work buddy, but no one I can call at 3 in the morning. I've known it for a while, but it just now really hit me. I've always been a bit of a loner: one maybe three friends at any given time. I'm accustomed to not really having much by the way of friends. But what really stopped me was that I consider several people here to be closer friends than anyone I've met around here.

Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting! Fuck off spammer! Go to hell, scum! Get a real fucking job, useless spammer! No one wants your spam! No one will buy what you're promoting!
    WOD: sledgehammer: reingold's curr(Goto)iculum, 14 min; moving up and down the hal(Hell)lways before the ASCE ethics (spammers) webinar.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Naiad... I think it is always hard to find true friends. I am lucky enough to have three, however with work/family/school I don't get to see them often (and one lives across the country, so only once every year or two). So most times it's just me.... doing my thing. It can feel lonely sometimes...

Cool on the sledgehammer. I'm getting mine in a week or two... yay! :-) Hoping I don't kill myself right away, LOL...
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Minxxa-
    I'm horribly accident prone and not dead or maimed yet. You stand a shot. As for the friends, most have washed out on unintentional acid tests (I mention that I'm feeling suicidal or depressed that day and I never hear from them again or something to that effect.)

Testing a new hypothesis:
    I'm (trying to) intentionally gorge on carbs, sugar, and grains today. I'm doing it to remind myself why I switched to PB. It's not as a punishment, it's a reference point. If i want grains, sugars, etc, after this, I'll be able to look back at today and go "No, that's why I don't eat those things." My mom did it with us and Halloween candy one year, I've never been big on candy since. Hoping it'll work again.

Page 1 of 621 1231151101501 ... LastLast