Page 93 of 621 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 93

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That is so funny-and so true. Hi darlin! happy Weekend!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    GAAAHHHHH!!!! My allergies are killing me! Between that and a couple other things I've noticed, this may be the month I try to go off (unaged) dairy.
    Alright, new challenge:

Allergy Kicker Challenge!!!!!
    1) Follow the blueprint. No, seriously, right down to the sprinting and lifting heavy objects.
    2) No unaged dairy
    3) Omega 6: Omega 3 less than 4:1, preferably less than 2:1. Use fish oil as necessary
    4) Eat when hungry, don't when not. If I have to ask if I'm hungry, I'm obviously not.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    Don't you hate allergies! Sounds like a good challenge. Much luck to you.

I feel daunted by #3.. someday I might try to understand that one and take it on.

Gonna fast until dinner today, hopefully will be able to convince The Guys and Husband to go to Genghis.
    By the by, Guy with Kid is now back in town, separated, and starting the ball rolling for divorce. Tech Guy is doing ok, recently moved up the ranks at work. Allergic to Everything Guy is actually contemplating Primal, now that he has to cook his own food. I'm trying to contain myself and NOT shove it at him all at once. And Husband is stressed and peeved because his company is running the business like they have no humans working for them, demanding weekends in the same breath as they cut hours for contractors.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bone, I wonder.....
    I've always had an issue with my body making WAAAAYYY too much earwax, which clogs up my ears and causes hearing issues. I also just can't seem to hear right some days.... I wonder if the dairy plays a hand in that? I doubt it, but that makes it even more worth a shot.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Holy shit, that's me almost verbaitm (minus the tubes.) Definitely going dairyless. Is it all dairy or just unaged dairy, or liquid dairy, or what, for you?
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ok. Damn, I may need to lose the cheese too. Or at least severely curtail it. Thanks, Bone. I think I know what tack I'm going for now.
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bone_machine View Post
    Consumption quantity & frequency were the biggest factors. I ate a lot more cheese than milk or ice cream, so cutting it out did the most good. I don't think specific foods are that much better or worse than others for me. I cook with butter, but the amount I wind up eating is so little that there are no noticeable effects. Ditto w/ 1oz< of cheese shredded atop a meal. A bowl of ice cream or grilled cheese sandwich would get the ball rolling. If I something like that a few days in a row I'd be in trouble. And full of mucous!

ETA - and, uh, not primal at all. Haha!
    +100

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Naiad,

It would be SO GREAT if you could put the ear problems behind you!
    Let us know how your experiment goes?

I think it may work. I'm gonna give it a shot, but I also wanna do some research on it. I want it to work. I want my hearing back.
    My Primal Battle Tome