Page 92 of 621 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 92

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Cut cheesecake:
    IMG00115..jpg
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe-
    Namaste, serai man te'aman.
    I guess I'm just lost, I see no bravery in that post, just a stating of myself.
    Thanks for the "nerd"!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Its brave just to post your inner journey even when it hasn't been all figured out yet. And quite entertaining. And nerd is a compliment ... you're welcome.

I started as a deist too and I have come to the position that it is serious hubris to pretend to know what the ultimate end or truth is. Take a look out the window and try to explain what is up in the night sky and tell me all about how your religion is right and the other guy is wrong. Guess what - you're both nuts.

I don't get lonely not knowing for sure. I like getting in touch with my absolute smallness on the deep scale of time and space. It reminds me of how over the top the whole deal is, and I get to be part of it! I don't know the next stage after this one, but I have the utmost confidence it is gonna be awesome. I am grateful for the existence I have and figure this is just a sneak preview of a bigger understanding to come.

I share your feeling that when you have a fervent hope sometimes fate takes care of you. Karma makes the most sense to me. And remember, Buddha was not about deities; he specifically said he was not one and you could attain the same level of understanding he did. No FM (f**kin' magic) required. Plus Buddhism's all about being good (loving-kindness). And that includes being good to yourself.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Joe-
    serai man te'aman.
    PS Tried to run that through google translate but all that came up was Klingon for "who's yer Daddy?"

Most of what I believe is liberated from many religions: Wicca, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Taoism.... I take what I like and leave the fluff. "All I know is that I know nothing." I'll freely state that what I think could be right, wrong, or other. I don't freak too much about knowing so little, the less I know, the more room there is for lessons to be learned. I'm glad to find someone that shares at least a vague similarity in beliefs with mine. It's strangely comforting.
    -That phrase you tried to google is my language again. It's a paraphrase from Robert Heinlein "I am God, you are too."
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    My business partner (gotta clarify that since - you know - someone might think he was THAT kinda partner ... not that there's anything wrong with that) likes to say "nobody has a monopoly on truth". Of course he likes to fart in my office too, so take his words with a grain of salt.

I think I said this on your journal thread before - I'm all about pick and choose your beliefs Chinese menu style. Some beliefs just seem to hold up better over a lifetime, and they aren't always the ones Sister Mary Elephant hammered into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I think I said this on your journal thread before - I'm all about pick and choose your beliefs Chinese menu style. Some beliefs just seem to hold up better over a lifetime, and they aren't always the ones Sister Mary Elephant hammered into you.
    I like that. It's a great way of phrasing it.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Robert Heinlein is the bomb. Almost as good as Kurt Vonnegut.

Joe
    OK I'm middle aged and need to go to bed. Thanks for the talk tonight! Ciao.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Heh. Ouch. I think I've had this reaction, almost verbatim:
    How Different Majors React to Seeing Roadkill
    Engineering-
    "Looks like a car hit this guy. By the amount of damage I'd say it was maybe a 4 door SUV with 4-wheel drive, off-road capabilities. This car should be installed with a small animal collision detector in the front... maybe a scoop devise or something to gently toss the animal out of the way... hmm..."
    Courtesy Cracked.com
    My Primal Battle Tome