Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 91

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hot damn!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Dammit, I'm not hungry, but I want that cheesecake. Holy Something, I want that cheesecake.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Alright, I broke down. I had a tiny slice of cheesecake. And it was every bit the mouthgasm it promised to be.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Holy Crap that looks awesome. "Recipe" copied... will attempt this weekend. Minxxy needs primal dessert mouthgasms.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad I never had a thing for cheese cake, because I'd be in serious trouble now.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

batty is offline Senior Member
    woman, that looks delicious.

we are all gonna die.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Thanks, all y'all! That means a lot to me, given that this was one hell of an experiment.
    Had several stupid people moments earlier today, but the one that hacked me off the most was the one at the dr.s office. I go in and ask for a copy of my lab results that had come in in the past coupla days (thyroid and VAP.) Apparently, they weren't in the office because she took them to another doctor for their interpretation (that bad, that good, that confusing? I'm not too annoyed by that because it means she knows she doesn't know everything) and then TOOK THEM HOME for further analysis. Not just the lab results, but my whole freaking file. Ummm.. no?! So I'm in the dark until at least Monday.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    So I'm in the dark until at least Monday.
    Why are there SO MANY stupid people?
    WTF???

This is one of those soul searcher 3 mile long posts I put up every so often. Fair warning.
    I've been having a crisis of faith recently. Not in a questioning my beliefs sort of way(those have always been fairly loose) but more that I actually think I know what I believe, at least part of it. And some of it doesn't agree with what I've held as my "dogma" for a while. That's what's scariest.
    Since I was fairly young (12ish, 14 at most), I've held that I was a deist- he, she, it, they, didn't know, didn't care. I never worshiped or prayed to this thing, maintaining that it was much like praying a tapestry: things weren't going to change unless I got off my duff and DID something. Except that's not true. Looking back, whenever I NEEDED something (not to be pregnant, for the last train of the night to be just a hair late, etc.) I would do a variation on a prayer. I've ignored that for a while, claiming it to be a holdover from when I was much much smaller and I was just talking to myself. But that's not true. In the past 10 years, I can honestly say, I've never said an official prayer, except at funerals, weddings, and as a special request in a friend's time of darkness. I've said, "I don't pray, but I do fervently hope." I've noticed that those prayers, those small requests made in moments of being human, have nearly always come true. Those fervent hopes usually work out. So right now I'm trying to reconcile with myself that the prayers I've made about what I NEED the most have come true when I don't believe in prayer, just hoping for and wanting the best.
    I've maintained that nothing controls my life behind the scenes, it's all based on decisions I've made and things Ive done. That's not true, either. I've said Fate or some variation of that one too many times for me not to believe that. I'm strangely comfortable with finally accepting that Fate/ Universal Plan/ whatever you call it, has a hand in my life. It's not a deity so much as a guiding force, a method of keeping that hope even when all the lights have gone out.
    I've lost the ability to say that I'm a true deist. I do know the English names of at least two of the deities that appear in my life and what they truly represent to me. There are other, minor and major characters in this web, but the two major ones are Trickster and Fate. Note that I do not worship them. I acknowledge them, I occasionally argue with them, but I treat them more as another set of characters, a higher up set of characters on their own framework within the same story. They aren't really deities, per se, as guides and things from slightly further on.
    I can no longer say, flat- out, that I can make it truly alone and need absolutely no one. That's bullshit and I know that now.
    I have realized that I do have an idea of what happens in the afterlife, both from a scientific standpoint and my own beliefs. Yes, they actually play quite well together. Scientifically, dead is dead. Physically, I agree with them. I want no one I love to come back to life as a Frankenstein creature or as a zombie. Once the animus is gone, it's gone. The spirit on the other hand, that movement ties into another belief of mine:there is no hell. When a creature with a soul, even a rudimentary one, like a weed, dies, it goes to a "chamber" of sorts to meditate and reflect on the lessons it learned in that life. Once it's come to terms with those lessons, it enters it's next life, to learn yet more lessons. I do not know if there is ever an end to this learning, but if there is, the soul is set free. I don't know if it just goes up to the next level, or if it goes to something like heaven, or it joins up with Fate or what. I really don't care.
    People are not evil because of a foul malignant deity. I honestly don't know that there is such a thing as a truly evil person. There have been some people with really warped senses of right and wrong, but I don't know that evil actually.... well, evil exists, but not in human form. Humans that do evil things are wrong, but it is a lesson they will learn from.
    I believe that there have been some humans with some damn fine ideas (Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, Moses), but to call them a prophet would insinuate a deity to be worshiped. These folks were probably just several lives ahead of us.
    I firmly believe that Karma exists. It's another creature I acknowledge, like Fate and the Trickster. Treat folks right and things'll work out.
    I guess I should create a litany of beliefs, something similar in idea to the Nicene Creed.
    I believe in no deities. There are creatures ahead of us, those that help and guide. I believe those that guide have many names, but are only one facet of the next stage. I believe I have many lessons to learn, each of its own difficulty and harshness. If I refuse to learn my lesson one way, it will be given again and again, more and more harshly, until I do learn it. I believe in miracles, mysteries, and prayer, but not in the given ways. I believe I carry lessons from one life to the next, to enrich the next day of my full spiritual life. I believe that the major lesson to be learnt is "Be Good" and the second lesson is "No Worries." From that, I believe that what I do to others comes back to me down the road. Ka'alaiman.
    (Ka'alaiman is from a language I created when I was much younger. It means "I love.")
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Namaste NK. You are a brave little nerd.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.