Page 9 of 621 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 9

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    hmmm... after 2 nights in a row of low quantity, low quality sleep and being laissez faire Primal for a week, I'm at 122.4. That's noise, or possibly lost weight. This idea seems to be working.
    Ate organic MAS and soup for lunch (meeting, was only mildly hungry but needed to eat for political reasons): 1.5 c field greens, 2 bell pepper rings, 3 broccoli florets, 1/2 c tuna salad (tuna, olive oil mayo (homemade, I think), celery, pickles, egg), 3 tbsp sprouted bean of some sort (unfortuanely, it may have been sprouted soy), and 1 oz roasted bell pepper dressing. Soup was veggie soup. Whoever told these idiots that veggie soup is all beans, corn, peas, edamame, and white potatoes in a tomato broth needs to be drug out and shot repeatedly. I ate half of it, 3 cubic in of potato, 10 corn kernels, 12 beans, avoided the peas, and ate the tomato and broth.
    Boss's boss has gotten up on his high horse again. More stress and office drama-politics to contend with.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 06-03-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Looking forward to coconut almond crusted ovenfried chicken tonight. Now to figure out what to eat with it.

Pan- frying= not happening again for awhile. I over greased, undercooked, and burned the crust of my chicken (I think I had the oil too hot and had too much in the pan). 1/2 lb of the chicken was edible (out of 3/4) and had a free- hand dessert afterward to make me feel less like a disaster in the kitchen: cube a medium apple (cored, not skinned) and finely chop 1 oz chocolate. Nuke for 1 min. Mix in 1 handful walnuts (coarsely chopped), 1 tsp honey (merely for the honey flavor, not for sweetness), and 1/3 oz coconut. Stir until the chocolate melts all over everything and everything is well mixed and devour.

Got over 9 hrs of sleep last night. Weighed in this morning at 121.4. I'd say this laissez faire way of eating is helping and I think I know why: I'm not stressing out over 5 carbs over goal, I'm not worrying about whether this or that is too carb heavy, I'm not freaking if my omega levels are out of whack by 1 or 2 points. I'm not creating more cortisol in my body to replace the crap that was there when i ate CW. I'm just... enjoying my food. Tracking, of course, but more out of curiosity and for the sake of fine tuning.

Want2BeAPinup is offline Member
    Office stress sucks. My boss thinks I am her minion instead of her equal (same education, although I am soon to surpass her; same time in working class, just different field)

Pan frying is certainly an art, I think. LoL I tried it with some frozen tater tots for my boyfriend once. I didn't even know the oil was getting hot until it exploded and almost killed me!

Mmmm Love your dessert recipe! I will have to try it soon.

Dinner at Tx roadhouse. Sirloin kabob (6 oz sirloin, 1/2 c bell pepper, mushroom, onion, tomato) 1.5 c broccoli, 4 tbsp butter, 1.25 yeast roll (oops.)
    Now to find the SoG cheesecake recipe...

Made cheesecake, ate 1/6 of it +1/2 blueberry reduction.
    I have an idea and it's something I've been toying with for a while now. I've always had the excuse that I struggled in HS biology because I had no basis of reference. The cell membranes and mitochondria just were. I had no idea what chemicals comprised them, how exchanges occurred at the cell membranes, how the DNA sequences chemically acted. Organic chem has fascinated me since I discovered it existed. I think I'm going to dive into these topics. I wanted to in college, but was too poor for the classes. The idea at the moment (and Mark helped the idea to form with eugenetics, Thank you, Mark) is to follow this path: Organic chem, molecular bio, genetics/ immune biology (at the same time, to piggy back one off the other.) I realize that this probably isn't the best coursework to experiment with self teaching from books, journals, and the net; but I'm not paying an exorbitant amount when I don't need the credit and it isn't applicable. The notion is to study genetics and all this in an effort to recognize how this whole chemical interaction works and what I can do to help the eugenetics and cellular evolution (so to speak) along, using myself as a guinea pig. I may change up how I split the topics, but that's the idea right now.

Ate probably half of a SoG cheesecake over the past 2 days. Shit. Better for me than the common cheesecake, but, shit.
    Last night was a local restaurant's pork rinds, salsa, and Caldo de mariscos. I've had seafood soup in Oak Cliff, the rest of Dallas, Lubbock (word of caution, don't), Galveston, and Houston, but this little joint tops 'em all. They make it just right, with the broth, calamari, mini octopus, fish, shrimp, cabbage, carrot, onion, tomato, limes to squeeze into it, avocado floating on top, guac and salsa to go with it. This is also the little local place that'll give you pork rinds with/ instead of the tortilla chips if you ask. A perfectly primal little shack (also serves fajitas, fajitas with grilled carrot, zucchini, and other vegetation, asado, HUGE shrimp cocktail, fajitas with asadero and chorizo, and they are more than willing to primalize any dish if you can tell them how.)

NoSaladWithoutMeat is offline Senior Member
    What's a SoG cheesecake?
    There comes a time when you become so fat and sick that you're suddenly willing to listen.

Unsolicited Advice Is Welcome Here.

Page 9 of 621 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast