Page 88 of 621 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188588 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 88

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks y'all. What I'm fantasizing/ daydreaming about is that I'll get an interview from the firm that's been cooling their heels this week and both of them want me, turning it into a bidding war, where I choose the best pay/ benefits package. THAT'd be nice... *continues visualizing/ fantasizing*
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Fingers crossed for you!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

I guess that's a hint:
    I was thinking about the whole job thing, wondering if I should take a job in my field that pays spectacularly or take one where I'm not forced to be a manager and get lots of field time, ideally with H&H (my dream job.) I was fooling around on Stumbleupon at the same time and Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Simple Man" came up twice in a row. I'll take a clue. I read up on the headhunter's job offer (at least, I think it's the right one, there can't be that many EIT positions in a town of 10,500) and it sounds like a great job AND the pay is where I wanted it to be. I think all this shit's coming full circle. I think my life is finally swinging back to circle.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    LOVE your life right now! Relish in the joy and stuff... (yeah thats my attempt)

Really so excited for you. I hope that this all plays out exactly the way that you want it to naiad!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Heading up to Lubbock to get clothes that fit, spend some time with my aunt and possibly my cousin (she's honestly my favorite of my parents' siblings, really cool and fun) and spend the night with Husband. He's in the field this week. Taking the laptop with me, so I'll be on and off the boards.
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Have a safe trip... cute boy from New Mexico (i have talked about him once or twice on my journal) was just in Lubbock this weekend...
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Naiad,
    Hoping you're having a kick-ass day in Lubbock <3

Got some clothes tht fit, including a pair of decent black slacks. It's still hard as hell to find pants that fit. Hell, it's hard to find size 2s, let alone size 2s that fit. I found several cute pairs of pants in my size, but I'm too cheap to pay more than $30 for pants or jeans. $160 for a pair of jeans is asinine.
    Walked all over the mall in Lubbock. Ate a chicken fruit salad at Chik- Fil- A, naked enchiladas (no tortillas, just meat, sauce and cheese), and (it was the only food available and I was STARVING) 2 slices of pizza (only 1.5 slices of crust.)
    Came home, bought some wild mahi mahi and a sweet potato to cook for whatever my main meal is today. I'll probably add the last of my broccoli and some green beans to that pile of food.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Bone Machine-
    I grew up on the po' side of town. My momma taught me well: no jeans/ pants are worth more than $20 (adjusted upward for inflation to $30), no t- shirt is worth more than $5, $7 if it has decorations on it, nothing except a winter coat is worth more than $30. I've made exception for a damn fine suit and a couple blazers. Even my winter coat (faux fur lined lambskin trench coat style with a hood) cost only $75 (wilson's summer sale, originally $400.) I'm on very strict budget until I get a new job, but my old batch of jeans were held on with belts, literally. So I coughed up $20 for a pair of Calvin Klein jeans that are just a tetch too small and $30 for a pair of perfect black slacks (perfect as in they aren't skintight on my thighs, they don't have a gap in the back, have room for my ass, and are boot cut. I'm goin back for another pair if I get down to 0, I may even break down and actually pay full price).
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is something deeply satisfying about that kind of bargain
    Well played!!!