Page 87 of 621 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187587 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 87

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Add to that 1 glass of hot chocolate (3 oz HWC, 3 oz water, 1/4 dark chocolate.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    naiadknight,

A little birdie (marcadav) told me that you have "a great dessert recipe that uses Mascarpone. It's called Chocolate Whipped Heaven."

Would you, could you, possibly share it???
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    NK - *said with much loving kindness* - this is totally the wrong way to think about it.

You are married and he loves you. Shared sorrow is halved and all that jazz...

Believe me, you will have many opportunities to pull more than your fair share over the life of the relationship. Don't cheat your husband out of his chance to be a rock for you.

Plus - since when did money become the only way we measure contributions to the family? I have a wife who works only 10 hrs/week in paid employment. Earns about 3% of our annual income. And yet I wouldn't want to trade obligations with her ever. She is the organized, busy rock who runs a household of 4 kids, one of whom due to her autism needs tons of extra effort and attention. She has actually stated, seriously, to me, "my job in life is to cure Z of her autism". We both know that "cure" may not be possible, but improvement and love ALWAYS are possible. I couldn't BE without her, and Z is the luckiest girl in the world to have her for a Mommy. It ain't the money!

Please - look in the mirror and behold the special person you are and why you matter to those who love you. Think back on the younger girl/woman who helped parent little sibs when the real Mom wasn't doing the job well enough. That's the prize your husband married - not just an extra earner in the household.
    + 100 million

Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Nono, manda, it's the other way around. In most cases, Mac is the fisher price, "I don't want to have to think," computer.
    hehe, so true... MAC "It Just Works" (disclaimer: as long as you don't actually want to do anything other than graphic design and web browsing...)
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Winencandy: 5 parts heavy cream, 3 parts mascarpone, cocoa powder to taste. For 2 c whipped heaven, add 3 tbsp cocoa powder and (optional) 1-3 tsp vanilla extract for counterpoint. Whip together like whipped cream.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    Stopping to by to say hello and copied above! Thank you!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I got whipping cream and marscapone sitting in my fridge right now. Hmmmmm.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

I'm back from Muskogee, OK. I'm zonked.
    Yesterday's food and doings:
    Run and get prescription, pack, more packing, go catch plane, wait for 3.5 hr layover in Dallas, eat at Chilli's (bunless burger w/ smoked cheese, jalapenos,, bacon, lettuce ,tomato, and a salad w/ 1 tbsp caesar dressing, 1 strawberry maragarita), catch flight, rent car, wig out because it hadn't already been paid like I thought it had been, get car, drive 1.5 hrs to Muskogee, wig out at hotel (barely a motel) for same reason as above, get into freezing room, leave an hour later, hit up wAlly world for food, eat chicken caesar salad, crash at 130 AM.
    Today:
    Wake up at 730 because asshole next door is playing the country music channel loud enough we can make out ever hick ridden twang, get ready, get lost on way to funeral, get to funeral, get lost inside National Cemetary, find family, attend funeral, stand and gab with family I don't know from Adam and Eve for an hour and a half, eat lunch at local cafe (fried catfish, fried okra, and a salad. I coulda stayed away from the fried stuff, but I hadn't had either in FOREVER), drive back to Tulsa for 1.5 hrs, wait in airport for an hour, fly to Dallas, wait for delayed layover flight for 2.5 hrs. fly to MAF, drive home, unpack, decompress.

While I was delayed in Love Field, I got a phone call from a headhunter, courtesy of the officemate friend. A company based out of a town about 45 min away needs an EIT with about my level of experience BAD. Talking interview this week and possibly employed next week. Headhunter called TWICE today, once after normal business hours. E-mailed my resume at Love Field, after some techno wizardry by husband, but the choppy signal only sent part of the e-mail. Chopped it off mid- sentence, tacked on my signature and sent the attachment. Never seen it do that before, but oh well. Hopefully this is good.
    Gramma's planted. She's in a box my father and grandfather made.
    I'm zonked. Goodnight.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    wow - rough day there, but good news on the headhunter! Hope you catched plenty of #5.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

batty is offline Senior Member
    oooh, keeping fingers crossed for you, woman.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight
    I got a phone call from a headhunter ... A company based out of a town about 45 min away needs an EIT with about my level of experience BAD.
    NK I smell money. Funny how these things work out. Character is destiny. You will rule.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.