Page 78 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 78

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    OMG OMG It is so true! I understand. Good for you for standing your ground-IF or bring your own food... screw them and their dumb southern poison! It won't get you down... and you know that's what happens when you eat crap anyway-it just gets you down and feeling shitty... so avoid that as much as possible (IMHO)

*hugs*
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Apparently, I have repressed memories of my grandmother. I was listening to the radio in a coworkers office and "The House on Pooh Corner" came on. Had to get out of there because the memory was so poignant. I was around 3 or 4 and spending the night at my grandmother's house. I was in the closet I usually slept in, curled up on a pile of clothes (my usual nest I slept in) and reading. My grandmother opens the door and rather than saying "It's 4 in the morning, go to sleep!," She grabbed an OLD book from the top of the closet, saying it was the only book she had growing up. She says "Read this with me? It'll help us both sleep." It was a book on Amerindians (one of my favorite topics growing up). Her radio was playing that song while we read.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Great story! Thank you so much for sharing. (I used to sleep in the closet too--even if you are weird you are never alone)
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing that memory with us, Naiad <3

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    What a cool memory.

"Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    agreed. thanks for sharing.

Alright, I officially failed the "no stupid stuff" part of the blueprint. I went for a walk on a local 2.75 mile track at a college. Was wearing work clothes and flip flops, figuring I'd walk barefoot. I was reminded (yet again, for the 7 millionth time) that concrete is usually hotter than ambient temperature. After giving myself blister burns on the soles of my feet, I put my flip flops back on and proceed to give myself blisters between the toes because they were the crappy $1 pair I keep in the car for emergency purposes. And then I finished the other half of my walk. So, yeah. I failed common sense 101 today. Oops. On the upside, I'm still IFing. This is hour... oh. I just hit 17. I forgot about the ice cream last night.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Went to my favorite little Chinese food shack for dinner. Got something called Happy Family, hot and sour soup and pot stickers. I ate the middle out of 3 of the potstickers and maybe 1 (rice based) wrapper total between the 3 I ate. There was soy sauce and tofu in the soup and meal, but I eat soy rarely that it's easily in my 20%. I'm not rationalizing or being defensive. We hadn't been there in a coon's age, so I enjoyed the hell outta myself.
    The Happy Family had shrimp, beef, pork, and chicken with broccoli, celery, cabbage, onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and carrot in a soy sauce based sauce. Good though. And the stock for their hot and sour soup is a homemade consomme. damn tasty stuff.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the story naida, I hope your feeling ok tonight. I know what you mean about the tat, I still have mine on and it keeps crossing my mind that it could be real.... Wonder if that was Mark's secrete plan?
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Went to my favorite little Chinese food shack for dinner. Got something called Happy Family, hot and sour soup and pot stickers. I ate the middle out of 3 of the potstickers and maybe 1 (rice based) wrapper total between the 3 I ate. There was soy sauce and tofu in the soup and meal, but I eat soy rarely that it's easily in my 20%. I'm not rationalizing or being defensive. We hadn't been there in a coon's age, so I enjoyed the hell outta myself.
    The Happy Family had shrimp, beef, pork, and chicken with broccoli, celery, cabbage, onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and carrot in a soy sauce based sauce. Good though. And the stock for their hot and sour soup is a homemade consomme. damn tasty stuff.
    Sounds delicious, Naiad. I TOTALLY would have hit that