Page 77 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 77

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    After getting my Grok tat and not doing anything about it for awhile, I have placed Grok in his (temporary) home.
    IMG_1993..jpg

He's sitting right on top of that spinal bone where my neck and shoulders meet. I call it "Grok Hunts Hair."
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-26-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Books for those who want them:
    2 armloads of Piers Anthony Xanth books. If anybody's interested, I can list all of them.
    Some Unknown Person by Sandra Scoppettone
    The Star Group by Christopher Pike
    The Eye of the World and The Shadow Rising by Robert Jordan
    Stephen King:
    -Needful Things
    -Nightmares and Dreamscapes
    -Carrie
    -Firestarter
    -The Shining/ Salem's Lot/ Night Shift/ Carrie (compilation book)
    Jesus's Son by Dennis Johnson
    Storm Front by Jim Butcher
    The Bride's Survival Guide: 150 Mistakes You Should Avoid for the Perfect Wedding by Sharon Naylor
    The worst case Scenario Handbook: Dating and Sex/ The worst case Scenario Handbook: College
    Culturetopia: The Ultimate High- Performance Workplace by Jason Young
    Poplollies and Bellibones: A celebration of Lost Words/ Tenderfeet and Ladyfingers: A Compendium of Body Language by Susan Sperling
    Life Strategies for Teens by Jay McGraw (son of Phillip McGraw, autographed copy)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Your tatoo rocks, I am considering making my temporary tattoo a permanent one..... Might not put it in the exact same place, but keeps crossing my mind.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    WHere the heck did everyone get the temp grok tattoos-and why was I uninformed? *pouts*
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

It was a secret contest, Manda.

Dinner: Slow cooker brisket, boiled carrots and celery, 1/2 baked potato w/ 2 tbsp sour cream and 1/2 tbsp butter.
    Dessert: Valentino brownie w/ 1 svg chocolate almond and 1 svg ultra chocolate ice cream.
    Walked 1 mile with the New Yorker.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I hate it when I miss out on crap *cries* Oh well... I will just get my real one instead
    Live Like No One Else

'S ok, Manda. Your real one will Grok out more than my fake one anyways. Although the idea of making that a real one does keep wandering across my mind. And that's coming from someone who always considered tats to be for other people and a needle phobic.
    All that cleaning I promised for yesterday? Didn't happen, aside from laundry. Grumph. Life goes on. I go home probably tomorrow after work or Wednesday to "hold waking hours," my family's term for the Southern tradition of a week(ish) long sitting period so family can come Vizit.
    My Primal Battle Tome

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    good mornin NaiadKnight! Happy Monday!

*hugs* I would come visit if I could. AND i love your placement of your tat... mine will PROBABLY be going on my foot with my "Live With No One Else" tat... (which i don't have yet either) although... the neck one is pretty effin sexy I must say.

As far as waking hours-Southerners know how to have long wakes... I remember my great-grandmother's funeral was like a 4 day event... constant... wow. LOTS of food though. have you ever seen the movie "Elizabethtown"? You should-it's great. MAYBE not today, or tomorrow... but maybe in like LATE October when you are a bit less... sad.

Okie doke the end.

Your friend.
    Manda
    Live Like No One Else

That's actually kinda what I'm worried about, Manda. The food. Southern food is carb heavy by definition. Redneck Southern food (ala my grandmother's folks) is processed Suthern food. I may end up having to eat that crap out of respect and to prevent another fricking family s.... No. I'll take my own damned food if I have to, but I'm not falling off for people who don't me from Eve.
    I'm also kinda laughing at the family reunion aspect of this. My gramma's family only gets together for funerals. That's it. There are folks probably coming that I've never met or met for 15 minutes when I was 10. That'll be.... interesting. "Oh, you're Laquita's grandkid? You're so young. What are you, 16 now? Is that your older brother *pointing to Husband, who looks a lot like a younger version of my father*?"
    My Primal Battle Tome