Page 75 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175575 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 75

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    unless it is wrapped in bacon... (maybe this is a personal opinion)

watch a good comedy!
    Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Well, it's already coated in bacon grease.... Time for Young Fronkenschtein.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I guess I shouldn't be watching Forrest Gump. I keep starting to cry, and steak isn't good salty.
    NK even in your grief you make me laugh. I think there's some of your Grandma in you. Thanks for the story about her. You captured a lot in few words.

Remember, like Forrest says, life is like a box of chocolates ....

Hopefully dark, healthy chocolates; a "sensible indulgence" as Mr. Sisson likes to say.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

I inherited my sense of humor from both sides of the family. Looking back, I definitely inherited her DRY sense of humor. Her's was always the deadpan, "is it actually joke, or is she being serious?" sense of humor, right down to when she was talking about dying. "I don't want a funeral, because if the couldn't be bothered visiting when I was alive, there's no point in them viz'tin when I'm dead." I actually feel the same way.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

"Walk this way. Nono, this way, this way. Use the cane."
    Roll ,roll, roll in ze hay.
    "Frau Blucher." *Whinny*---- makes you wonder when she sodomized the..... nevermind, it's the wine talking.
    Y'know, I would've killed to do the foley work for this movie.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-24-2010 at 07:09 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Joe
    Joe is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    "Walk this way. Nono, this way, this way. Use the cane."
    Roll ,roll, roll in ze hay.
    "Frau Blucher." *Whinny*---- makes you wonder when she sodomized the..... nevermind, it's the wine talking.
    Y'know, I would've killed to do the foley work for this movie.
    Ah yes - don't forget Teri Garr in her 'prime' so to speak. Ahem. *drool*
    Geez Frau Blucher and the horse ... almost forgot about those two.
    Don't forget Gene Wilder - "It's pronounced Frankensteen!"

On a more tender note, sounds like your Grandma was emotionally ready for the journey. I always tell my end of life patients to enjoy the journey - you only get to die once - might as well observe and experience it. Hope I'm as brave as your Grandma.

Then when they're gone I always think ... whatever it holds for us ... now they KNOW. How cool is that.

PS when the time comes cremate me please.
    Never eat anything bigger than your own head.

She was. I will be. And, if I'm ever asked, I'll make sure you are.
    I turned off Young frankenstein. Watching the last half of Forrest Gump. Not crying, yet.
    [removed prior to posting] Shit happens.

Gene Wilder is, to this day, one of my favorite actors. I realize he's stopped acting, but I love his movies. Growing up, every time we went to my Gramma's house ,we'd watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I called it chocolate for many years, because of the opening scene. I love(d) that movie.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-24-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Awwww SHIT!!! I forgot Jenny dies of AIDS. Bawling like a baby.
    My Primal Battle Tome

The wine actually helped relax me A LOT! I feel loads better now.
    Except that a new friend IRL is moving back to NY soon. Maybe I oughta just stick with Vicky and The Guys for IRL friends. Seems every time I try to make more IRL friends, 3/4s of them vanish. At least this one had the decency to tell me she'd be leaving.... Ok, ok, I've gotten better about keeping friends around, but it still blows ass crackers.
    Gonna go get civilized looking and hang out withThe New Yorker.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Shit. I just fell off, not even thinking about it. Had a slice of pizza. I'll get back on the primal horse at my next meal, but I'm a bit irritated at myself. Well, that was my one cheat allowed. Any more grains and I eat the papaya kidney stew.
    My Primal Battle Tome