Page 71 of 621 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 71

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The park we went riding in yesterday was gorgeous. Not in the best neighborhood, but great park. It really reminds me of Kiest park back in Dallas. Obviously just as family friendly as Kiest was, too, I saw about 3 families on the trail and several more at the various playgrounds. It's by far the most trees I've seen in this area (it lines a playa and draw.) It really reminds me of home. (Kinda funny that I have 2 "homes." One's Oak Cliff, the other is here where I live. Anyone else experience that after moving away from home?)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    It really reminds me of home. (Kinda funny that I have 2 "homes." One's Oak Cliff, the other is here where I live. Anyone else experience that after moving away from home?)
    yes, in many ways, Michigan is home. I always feel more familiar with the streets and the layout than I do here even though I've been here for 14 years.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Yeah, that's the way I am with Dallas.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Huzzah! There were pigs in the blanket and donuts at the staff meeting and for whatever reason, their designated zone was the space next to me. I completely ignored them. I contemplated removing the breading from one of the pigs, but figured the sausages were probably sweet sausages and ignored them. Not avoided, not was tempted by (except the piggy idea), not even wanting. I actually saw them as something decorative (like fake flowers, something you have to have in the conference room) rather than anything edible.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    I can tell you have acquired the primal lensing in front of your eyes. Good on you!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Bored silly at work. postypostypostypost. Gaahhhh, I just want to get out and ride!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    "...primal lensing..." I like that!
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

Lunch: egg batttered chile rellenos with iceberg and tomato salad.
    Dinner: heh.... I was prepping chocolate chip cookies, almond shortbread, and valentino brownies (all primal, thankyouverymuch. Added a little honey to the chocochip cookies) for tomorrow (boss's last day.) I was sampling batters, licking spoons, and "cleaning" bowls. Call it 2 chocochip cookie, minimal brownie (unfortunately), and 2 shortbread cookies. Waiting for it all to cool so I can pack it all up.
    1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. yep.
    2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
    34 g
    3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
    Nah. I don't count the (kinda sorta) run in heels across the HEB parking lot
    4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
    A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
    1:2, 1 tsp fish oil
    B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
    Mostly. My grandmother's getting worse, so that's kinda ragging on me, but did good other than that.
    5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
    6 hrs

Something kinda funny happened at lunch today. We were having a luncheon for boss's going away. During the part of the meal that people were getting up and saying stuff, boss's boss gets up. (He's made it painfully obvious that he hates her more than he hates me. In a way, getting rid of me was him telling her to fuck off.) Rather than saying "We'll miss you" or anything to that effect, he takes one last jab at her: "You know what the difference between an accountant and an engineer is? An accountant knows they aren't an engineer." Mind you, this woman has kept our department financially stable and solvent for the past 15 years, in addition to her engineering duties; a job this asshat will never take on. My response (given that I don't particularly give two shits about what he thinks): saying, rather loudly "Low blow," and standing up after him to say "[Boss,]Thank you. For everything. From all of us." After the luncheon was over and boss and I were talking outside, I mentioned how I was surprised asshat bought her lunch (customary for boss to buy a leaving employees lunch at one of those shindigs.) Her response was priceless: "He didn't buy it. I wouldn't have let him. [Coworker she's dating] did."
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-22-2010 at 07:19 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    YAY for standing up to asshats.
    Sounds like they deserve what they're going to get when you and YOUR boss are gone.
    F**k 'em!!!

I dunno that that qualifies as standing up to him, more as a "Nyahnyahnyah nyah Phthbbbbt" move.
    My Primal Battle Tome