Page 67 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167567 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 67

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    phew.
    I thought she was gonna kill a bitch.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    ;-)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, you know that real food I said I was going for? It ended up being more ice cream. I would blame Mother Nature (I started yesterday,) but in reality, I wasn't hungry, just snacky. And I know where that generally leads. I shoulda just stayed the hell outta the kitchen. Oh well, 20% and all that BS.
    I'm bored, I'm hurting, and my mood's 20 kinds of fucked up right now. I ate or did something that was a trigger for my depression yesterday and I'm trying to determine what it was. Thinking it may have been all the sugar ( tried some lemonade to find it WAYY too sweet, drank some of Husband's DP because I was really thirsty, in addition to aforementioned sugars) or the emotional roller coaster... That was it. It was Mother Nature in combination with all the drama I caused myself yesterday, topped off with the sugar. Whatever happened to controlling my stress levels? Cause that apparently didn't happen yesterday. Grumpgrumpgrump. Eeeyarg. Gods, I hate TOM and I hate the idea that I turn into my mother during that time if I'm not extremely vigilant.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

It's amazing how much cooking up good food calms me down. Depression gone. Enjoying this:
    Fruity pecan pancakes
    1/2 apple, grated
    3 strawberries, chopped
    3 eggs, scrambled
    4 tbsp butter, melted
    1/4 c (give or take) coconut flour
    water to create batter
    3 tbsp pecans
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1 tsp nutmeg
    1 tsp ground ginger

Mix that all together, adding just enough water to create a thick batter. Heat oil of your choice in a frying pan. Glop on a spoonful (as in decent size wooden cooking spoon, not table spoon) of batter and smear it around until only 1/4- 3/4" thick. Let that fry for a while (5 min, I think, 3?) until the bottom of the pancake is willing to let go of the frying pan with no real effort (bear in mind, I did this on medium with a cast iron pan. YMMV.) Flip. Smush down. Cook for same length of time, attempt to flip. If it acts like it wants to fall apart, it's done. Top with whipped cream and butter.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Glad you're feeling better, Naid

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I'm so glad it passed. It always does. Sucky thing though is that in the moment, it feels like it never will.

<3

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

It's BAAACK!!! We have the guys over (normal Saturday thing) and I'm two steps away from strangling them for stuff I'd normally laugh at. I don't know what's compounding Mother Nature at the moment, but something is. I'm halfway between wanting to cry, strangle the guys, and go hide in the bedroom. I just ate 8 oz ribeye, 1.5 c broccoli, and a Caesar salad that tasted more like romaine drenched in mayo. It's sitting in my stomach like lead. That and I'm constantly being reminded that in less than 2 weeks, I'm officially unemployed. This blows. I hate not being able to really control my emotions, I hate being in pain, and I FUCKING HATE being depressed. That alone is a self compounding issue.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My Grand Anti Inflammation September Challenge!
    1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. Unless they hid it in the dressing, yep.
    2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
    83 g
    3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
    Yeah, I need to do that.
    4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
    A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
    4:1, fish oil not worth it today.
    B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
    Heh. Can we pretend today didn't happen? 'Cause Mother Nature was being absolute raging bitch whore today.
    5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
    11 hrs last night
    My Primal Battle Tome

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Wow, rockin' on the sleep!

Can I ask how you track your O3:O6? I want to do that too, but I'm afraid if it's too difficult I'll not be able to add that ball into the 25 ball juggling act I got going on. And you know what happens when you drop 25 balls...

::insert dirty reference here::

Sometimes mother nature sucks. I've been doing good lately, but sometimes it's a crap shoot.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Minxxa-
    I use chron-o - meter. I realize that's not exact and I have to guess sometimes, but it gets me in the ballpark. Close enough to where I can supplement as necessary.
    I'm doing it because a) focusing on that keeps me relaxed on other parts of my life (and having a range means I don't have to get it perfect), and b) I have a sneaking suspicion (being rapidly confirmed) that I don't stress out over things as much if my omegas are roughly balanced. If you're worried about dropping the whole rack (heheh... rack) or balls, get some more stuff balanced before you add it (listen to the pot call the kettle black. I should take my own advice once in a while.)
    My Primal Battle Tome