Page 65 of 621 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165565 ... LastLast

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 65

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    The ginger mint tea helped immensely, I was actually able to get some sleep.
    I woke up and took out my tooth grinding mouthguard (cheapie $17 version from Walmart) only to find out that I'M STARTING TO CHEW THROUGH THE DAMN THING. Seriously. I've used it for maybe two weeks and have already left scratches, cracks, and tooth imprints in the harder plastic part on the bottom. To the point where some of the imprints have cracked through to the softer rubbery stuff, I think. WTH???!!! I'm going back to sleep.
    Mouth guards are no match for awesome Primal fangs
    <more hugs>

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    NK: Glad you're feeling a little better. Hope your recovery continues. (More hugs)
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

batty is offline Senior Member
    feel better, naiad. sick + stress = blows.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    I'm feeling much better now. The only ickiness I have left is the crap spawning from dreading going to work somewhere I'm not wanted and doing a job that doesn't need to be done.
    Already gone through 1 mug of tea today, working on #2.
    On a more serious note, I pose a question to any that might know. I asked if the engineering company in question was hiring for an EIT (me) back early August. They requested my resume about a week ago (they know my name and work because I reviewed their stuff for the city). Do you think they are actually looking to hire, or is it just for their files for future reference? If they are, how long do you think it'd take for an interview request? I'm a bit antsy, but more importantly, I need to know if I should go ahead and use my vacation time, or take a check (usual salary x hours vacation.) The check would be needed if I needed to sock back for being unemployed.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    As a recruiter my advice would be to investigate the opportunity. Far too many people sit back and wait for companies to come to them. Companies, especially now in this economy, are looking for people who are aggressive not passive. They want someone, from day one, who will take the bull by the horns and run with it. So from my experience I would go directly to them. If things don't pan out 1. You'll know they're not hiring. 2. You've made a personal contact which wil go farther than any resume (Companies really only look at resumes for maybe 30 seconds before moving on). 3. You find out more about your competition's strategy and what works for them or what doesn't.

You can always tell them this is a confidential search to ensure you cover your butt. Loyalty only exists in the mind of those who aren't in charge.

Oh and glad to hear you're doing better.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

I already asked. Back in August, as soon as I found out I was going to be laid off by the city. I'm just curious as to how this might play out.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ack! I'm going to have to go shopping AGAIN! My 2s are baggy now. The ones I'm wearing right now are supposed to be high- waisted (wide waist band). As of right now, they're acting more like hip huggers. And most of my button downs are too big again. Not overly noticeable to anyone but me, but I'm afraid these pants are going to fall off one of these days if I step on them. I may just sew belt loops on them. More good news: I'm on the last notch in my belt before the hole I punched in HS. I'm never getting back down to that hole (I wore pants at my natural waist back then and was a toothpick.) I guess when I get another job, I should treat myself to work clothes that fit. And jeans that don't need a belt or to be hiked up every 10 minutes. My selection of clothes is the smallest it's ever been, thanks to this insane size loss. For clothes that actually fit, I'm down to filling half my closet (only 1 bar), 6 jackets/ blazers/ coats, 2 dresser drawers, and 3 cubes of tanks and sweaters. That's down from an overflowing closet, stuffed dresser, a couple totes of stuff.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    I highly recommend going shopping again
    I hit the thrift store day before yesterday, and actally found a few cute pieces.
    Made my crazy-happy, for about 10 bucks.

Dinner: about half of liver and onions (1/2 lb liver, 1/2 onion, 1/2 apple, 3 slices bacon, and 1/4 c pecans, originally.) It tastes great, but the texture of the liver just kills it for me. Just can't wrap my head around the meat mousse texture. Off to find the rest of dinner.
    ETA:Found leftover zucchini lasagna. Again.
    No real exercise today. Not happening.
    ETA again: Dessert- 1 oz Kerrygold Dubliner cheese and the rest of the apple.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-16-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

My Grand Anti Inflammation September Challenge!
    1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. Still rolling along quite primally, may have accidentally ingested some peanut oil, but no worries
    2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
    66 g on the dot
    3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
    Yeah, I need to do that.
    4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
    A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
    3 tsp fish oil, ratio is 6:5
    B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
    Still working with myself on that. I am doing much better on that though. That engineering company needs to hurry the hell up.
    5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
    7.5 hrs last night
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-16-2010 at 06:50 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome