Page 618 of 621 FirstFirst ... 118518568608616617618619620 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 618

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Fuck off spammer. I'm in no mood for your sob stories.

Canio, Siobhan, should I roast another bird?

Notes made, Sabine.

So I ran a test today. I took what MIL made (lasagna, as predicted, with store bought french bread), and ran with it. I ate ALL the crap that makes me feel shitty. Sugar. Wheat. Cheese. Preservatives. Soda. I did this for a couple reasons.
    1) I need a baseline. The way I ate today was roughly how I ate just out of college, when my thyroid was at it's worst and I was feeling my shittiest. I needa date I could point back to and say "I never want to feel like that again," when tempted by some treat.
    Notes-
    1) Depression came back. In one fell swoop, not even 24 hrs of eating the way I did, all my mental issues came back and that clarity I had went away. I withdrew from those I love and turned to dangerous places in my mind.
    2) I was full, but not satiated. I kept going back for cookies to fill some pit that was crying out for something.
    3) I hurt. Mostly above the eyes and at the temples, but I can feel the inflammation in my foot, ankles, and neck.
    4) My belly looks pregnant and I feel bloated. Also, farty.
    2) This also gives me a baseline on how well primal and modified auto immune do for me as opposed to strict primal.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I did kind of the same thing Saturday night. The girls and I had Wendy's and I got a sandwich. Within about 2 hours of eating, I felt the depression kick in. I became lethargic and no energy whatsoever. Been gassy ever since. Also, nothing tastes right to me. I just want to sleep.
    Georgette

Breakfast is 3/4 Fuji apple (the other 1/4 is in my lunch salad), a few slices turkey lunch meat,and 1/4 cuke.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Ouch. I flubbed that grading plan worse than I would've liked. Granted, it's the first one I've done for a development with existing roads and proposed buildings, and most of the mistakes came from being a rookie. Even so, that stings a little, because grading is so closely related to drainage.
    I'm running slow today, thanks to the cyclobenzaprine I took last night. It's making typing up a TCEQ report difficult, at best.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I have the "basic" Christmas gift sorted. That's the generic one I give to every family/ person on my list. It's also generally what friends get, if I can find them in time after I've made it before the holidays. (Twibble, are we exchanging gifts or no?)
    This year will be jars of homemade chicken stock and beef stock, in a loaf pan with dish towels. Maybe a third jar of stuff if I need it to flesh the gift out.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I hadn't thought that far ahead. Probably so, if I can find my brain between now and then. Are you good with homemade herbal products? I'm fairly certain that you're at least not allergic to coconut oil like my SIL...
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

That's fine. All I ask is that you triple check against cottonseed oil and fruit stuff. (Certain fruit oils make me breakout really badly.)

Lunch was chicken "noodle" soup.
    Chicken "Noodle" Soup
    (This would probably be better with more veggies, but I was the only one eating.)
    1 carrot, sliced thin with a veggie peeler or mandoline and chopped to noodle width.
    1/2 stalk celery
    1 handful shredded chicken (approx 1 cup)
    5 brussel sprouts, sliced
    2 c chix broth
    1 tbsp Italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp chipotle powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tsp garlic powder because you didn't have time for the real thing
    Start heating pot of broth on medium. Start prepping veggies and adding to the pot: celery, then carrots, then sprouts. Cuss and realize you forgot the chicken and rummage in the fridge. Emerge triumphant with a handful of chicken. Dump that and seasonings into the pot. Get impatient and turn stove all the way up. Allow to boil either until carrots are soft or until you hafta pull it off to eat it to get back to work in time. Inhale, burning your tongue the whole time.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 11-19-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

No cottonseed oil. This is what I've made most recently, using coconut oil. It does have a little bit of lemon oil in it. I need to make a half batch with almond oil for SIL, so if lemon oil is a problem, I can switch it out for orange if you can handle that, or do the citronella-fir version instead of the lavender-lemon one. I am planning on playing for more things between now and then. Any requests?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Lemon's fine. It's mango that does it usually. No real requests.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK. I might make homemade vapor-rub, lip balm, or tea. Still pondering.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly