Page 617 of 621 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617618619 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 617

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    With the fence we have, we're not worried about anything jumping it. We're going out of town still, but will have FIL check in her when he stops by to feed and water her.
    As soon as you get home schedule a spay.

It's possible a dog will dig under the fence... with dogs where there is a will there is a way... and when there is HEAT there is a will! Sorry, sad but true. A little chihuahua could even do it.

But since a spay is essentially just a full hysterectomy including all parts... it won't matter if she is in the early stages of a pregnancy. Just get it done. Poof, no problem.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    THat's the idea. It's why we're not worried about her getting pregnant. Either way, it's coming out, I don't care if it's full or not.
    (And the fence is a 5-6' cinderblock fence with foundation down to bedrock (6" here.) If a dog gets in this yard, they earned a fuck.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    lol. NK you have such a way with words. BTW how's that book coming?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Kymma is offline Senior Member
    What a fence!!! And what a statement!

I had to greatly reduce onions and tomatoes for this Diabetes Solution diet. I have a bit here or there until yesterday when I "splurged" on sauteed onions and tomatoes in fajitas. I love tomatoes. Them being a splurge just makes me mad! But I'll get over it. I hope whatever is bothering you is something easy to give up or cut back on and not tomatoes. I hear you can tell by if your weight jumps several pounds after eating. It is what happens to me with wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    lol. NK you have such a way with words. BTW how's that book coming?
    It got held up by writing my SER (paperwork for applying to take the test for engineering licensure) and a desperate need to find a job and finding a job I love. I'm actually working on my SER today in an effort to get that done so I can get all the paperwork out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymma View Post
    What a fence!!! And what a statement!

I had to greatly reduce onions and tomatoes for this Diabetes Solution diet. I have a bit here or there until yesterday when I "splurged" on sauteed onions and tomatoes in fajitas. I love tomatoes. Them being a splurge just makes me mad! But I'll get over it. I hope whatever is bothering you is something easy to give up or cut back on and not tomatoes. I hear you can tell by if your weight jumps several pounds after eating. It is what happens to me with wheat.
    That's part of the reason I'm scaling back the salt. I've almost always believed "if I can taste it, it's too much," and my salt tolerance is low to begin with. I should also probably cut back on the rice, but I'm one of those freaks that needs to stay around 75-100g carbs/ day, and rice/ potatoes are some of the few options I have to get up where I need. I've actually never noticed any issues (weight, respiratory, inflammation) with nightshades, which is why I'm not bothering to give them up.
    On to why I'm experimenting with cutting eggs. Geek has an egg allergy. He can tolerate it in small doses (cooked), but even the smell of it cooking is not his friend. He also found a study saying that, while the human body can outgrow an egg allergy, most people retain a small vestige of it into adulthood. I know my body has a STOP mechanism with eggs (as in "one more bite and it's all coming back up.") That mechanism makes me wonder if I have a latent egg allergy. In an effort to spare Geek and test myself, I'm cutting eggs for several weeks. I may even take the remaining carton of eggs over to my in laws today and get a jump start on it early.

I'm hoping cutting one or more of these foods calms my thyroid the fuck down. I'm not expecting to get off the meds. There's no panacea diet on earth that'll do that. I would like to get rid of the gunky throat near the thyroid and do what I can to quit agitating it, so that maybe the body will attack it less. I still need to do more research. I've cut my brassica intake to nearly nothing (gas and bad for the thyroid unless cooked to oblivion.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    THat's the idea. It's why we're not worried about her getting pregnant. Either way, it's coming out, I don't care if it's full or not.
    (And the fence is a 5-6' cinderblock fence with foundation down to bedrock (6" here.) If a dog gets in this yard, they earned a fuck.)
    LOL yeah they do
    DH even gave that a chuckle

Ok, meals for the rest of the week are planned out or en process.
    I have another chicken in the crock pot. The last one provided a quart baggie + 2- 16 oz jars of stock, excluding spillage from a failed strain attempt. I'm hoping to get at least 3/4 gal out of this bird.
    Dinner today is whatever MIL fixes, hopefully something I can go paleo on (with that said, Murphy will now make certain it's iceberg salad and frozen lasagna.) I've already had some nonprimal crap, thanks to Geek's desire to test the MRE cinnamon bun (verdict: not bad, not great.)
    Lunch tomorrow will be chicken soup: chicken, stock, kale, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, and seasoning, along with whatever other veggies are in the fridge. I may have a salad with that.
    Dinner tomorrow will be red chile chicken tacos: crockpot chicken simmered in red chile sauce (homemade by moi) and wrapped in green leaf with avocado. I'll roast some green beans and brussel sprouts to go with that.
    Lunch Tuesday will probably be leftover red chile chicken, brussel sprouts, and greens bean nuked together.
    Dinner Tuesday will be Phillies. I'll probably have mine over yet more brussel sprouts and green beans.
    Lunch Wednesday will be... uh... I should probably figure that out.
    Dinner Wednesday will be on the road, hopefully at a little steakhouse along the way that uses local grassfed beef.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Damn, that is a nice looking week of food.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'll be over on taco night for sure. Make a lot of extra.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

“"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    -strict sugar avoidance. Exceptions may include pie fillings if deemed worth it. [Especially the black-and-blue pie, and rhubarb-custard pie at Sabine's.]
    Fixed that for you.