Page 616 of 621 FirstFirst ... 116516566606614615616617618 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,160 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 616

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    NK, have you found any decent places to get soup bones for beef bone broth in either of our cities? I was going to get some from YT tomorrow at MDFM, then I remembered that they're on the once-a-month schedule for winter.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    NK, have you found any decent places to get soup bones for beef bone broth in either of our cities? I was going to get some from YT tomorrow at MDFM, then I remembered that they're on the once-a-month schedule for winter.
    They aren't organic or anything, but I'm reasonably certain El Rancho has them. You might also ask behind the counter at the Midland HEB. I know I've asked before and got them for either free or dirt cheap. It depends on which butcher you talk to and whether they've cleaned up after the display case butchering.
    I generally just set aside the ones from everything but steaks in a foil wrapped baggie in the freezer and do it when the bag gets full.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'll have to check around. None of our beef normally comes with bones in it. Most of it is in ground form.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I don't get much beef with bones either... most roasts and steaks we get are boneless...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Hence why I almost never make beef stock, just chicken.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Lunch was 2 eggs fried in butter, 1 andouille sausage less one bite, and Mi Piaci's leftovers (translation: 3 ziti noodles, a couple spoonfuls of sauce, and mozz.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

Son of a bitch! Froot Loop went into heat. We go out of town Wednesday. She wasn't supposed to be "old enough" yo spay until a month from now. Goddammit!
    My Primal Battle Tome

Yikes. Does that interfere with your going out of town?

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

With the fence we have, we're not worried about anything jumping it. We're going out of town still, but will have FIL check in her when he stops by to feed and water her.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Fuck. I just looked into the auto immune protocol. Eggplant isn't an issue, I detest the stuff. I can live without grains and beans well enough, I have for a couple years now. I could find a way to give up potatoes, nuts, seeds, dairy, soy lecithin, and guar gum. It's the peppers (in all forms) and tomatoes. There is no possible way for me to go paleo without peppers and tomatoes. It just ain't happening. Uh- uh, no way, deal breaker, do not pass go. I can not live in a bland world.
    I know my body does better without dairy. It also seems to do better when I stay away from coffee. I'd be interested to experiment with eggs. I know my body doesn't care for processed sugar. I also seem to be getting headaches after ingesting too much salt.
    Taking those givens, here's the game plan:
    Week of Nov. 18th
    Straight primal
    -finish off the eggs or give them away. Do not replace.
    -strict sugar avoidance. Exceptions may include pie fillings if deemed worth it.
    -avoid dairy (with the exception of butter.) Exception for Thanksgiving dinner.
    -avoid excess salt. That's going to be interesting on the trip down and back.
    -avoid coffee and go back to tea. Replenish tea stock in Dallas.
    Weeks of Nov. 25, and December 2, 9, and 16
    Modified Auto immune Protocol
    -No eggs
    -No Dairy (including my beloved cheese, excluding my beloved butter)
    -standard primal exclusions
    -Avoid sugar
    -avoid coffee
    -avoid excess salt
    Week between Christmas and New Years
    Test theories one at a time. Eggs one day, Dairy another, coffee another, yadayadayada. Note results and adjust from there.

You can have my peppers and tomatoes when you pry them from my cold dead fingers.
    My Primal Battle Tome