Page 610 of 621 FirstFirst ... 110510560600608609610611612620 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 610

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I went in and filled out the paperwork earlier. I start tomorrow. I need to go to the store for lunch foods, and I need to iron my professional gear.
    Had 3 eggs fried in butter for lunch.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Have a chicken in the crockpot for lunches (yes, including the offal). I'll roast/ cook the fucker over a modified mier poix (I was out of celery) and break it apart for lunch and at least one dinner. Once I pick the carcass, I'll throw the bones, cartilage and whatever offal back in the juice with some vinegar, a little salt, some pepper and lots of water to make more broth. Between that, lettuce, chevre cheese (goat ricotta), carrot, chile, and whatever else I pull out of the fridge, I'll have my main lunch meal even when we're out of edible leftovers.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds damned good Naiad, not that I am surprised. Everything you make sounds good.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Really enjoying the job. They put me to work on drainage stuff right away, and I've been having fun.
    Had leftover steak, a fried egg, and cheesy fries for lunch, as I came home.
    My Primal Battle Tome

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    steak, eggs, and drainage - does it get any better?
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on getting the job you wanted!

jenn26point2 is online now Senior Member
    Glad your first day went well! Continued well wishes coming your way.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Did I mention I love this job? I redesigned a detention basin and started redesigning a part of a channel today. They actually trust me to do my job, to the point where checking my work really doesn't seem to need to happen. I mentored a "younger" EIT today, too.
    Dinner is chicken "burritos" (shredded chicken sauteed in homemade red chile sauce and green chile salsa, wrapped in lettuce with avocado and cuke.)
    My Primal Battle Tome

PrimalCon New York
    Y'know what, spammer? I won't even rip into you. That's how good a day it's been. I pity you, that you have to do such shit for so low a pay, and will click the black triangle of doom, but no offense. Just doing business, y' understand.
    My Primal Battle Tome