Page 606 of 621 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 606

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    The zit is going down. Yay.
    I ate shit and more shit yesterday. Fucking yay for Halloween carnivals.
    I know this foul mood is related to eating shitty food. Go me. Well, that and not hearing from the engr firms. When did people stop having the common decency to at least call and tell you you didn't get the job? Make up a reason, just don't leave people in limbo.
    Tonight is extra garlicky spag, I'm fasting til then and working on that brush pile in the backyard, hoping to work off some of the gunk I ingested over the past several days.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, when one door closes, another one opens.
    The engr firm I really wanted to work for chose someone else. However, I got a tip off that a firm here in town was hunting for a drafter. Out of curiosity, I called, and yep, they were hiring for a CE. Sent in my resume and now to play the waiting game.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Just got off a promising phone interview with the aforementioned firm. Supposedly, an interview invite is coming when the lead engineer gets back in the country.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is online now Senior Member
    Georgette

Job news- Going to a job fair here in a bit. Given the crowd they're catering for, I'm not expecting much, but I'm also not missing a shot.

In an effort to cut out the junk, I'm writing out the list of foods not good for me and their effects, the possibly questionable foods and their effects, and the not primal foods with no noted ill effects.
    -cottonseed oil: straight up sensitivity, if not allergy. Migraines, lethargy, swelling, inflammation, stomach pain, depression
    -Soy: inflammation, pisses off the thyroid which fucks up a lot of other stuff.
    -Wheat: inflammation, pain, brain fog, bloating and gas
    -Sugar: depression, inflammation, brain fog, possibly causes bloating and gas, air hunger
    -Oatmeal: see wheat
    -MSG: headache, air hunger, thirst
    -Milk, fresh cheese: lactose intolerance- gas, bloating, constipation, phlegm
    -Hard cheeses: phlegm, questionable, possible lactose intolerance
    -Yogurt: phlegm, questionable, possible lactose intolerance
    -cream, butter: no ill effects
    -legumes (aside from peanuts): gas and bloating unless soaked WELL. If really well soaked, no apparent ill effects.
    -White rice: no noted ill efects, possible bloating?
    -Wild rice: no ill effects
    -Brown rice: unknown
    -Coconut: overly large amounts of coconut (in excess of 2c/ day) causes diarrhea and gas, including milk and flour
    -Corn: no noted ill effects
    -Nuts: easy to over eat, if overeaten, inflammation
    -Goitrogens: no ill effect
    -canola oil: mild inflammation
    -olive oil: no known ill effects
    -bacon/ bacon grease: minor inflammation due to salt content
    -white/ sweet potato: no ill effects

Armed with that list, I can retailor primal to fit me.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, that job fair was depressing. Retail, retail, and Food service! Oh, and a couple from the oilfield. Except for 2 I've already applied at, and the school I applied to teach at, I was overqualified for all of it.
    Today's blog post on my love of wide leg pants and Payless.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Victorian Vampire:

This year's jack(s):
    My Primal Battle Tome

November is in 2 hrs. This means I need to figure out how I'm getting back on track. Here's November's plan.
    - No wheat.
    - No sugar. Fruit's ok. Fruit juice is ok. I'll decide on honey as I get to it. Added sugar, corn syrup, and chem de sweet are out. At Starbucks, either sugar free or iced tea, preferably iced tea.
    - No milk, yogurt, or fresh cheese. This one's gonna be the hardest. I'll experiment and see if aged cheese is ok.
    - As little soy as possible, preferably none. I live on Earth, though, and will get soyed.

You'll note I said nothing about rice, corn, or beans. Rice and corn are not my enemy this month (rice is never my enemy and corn presents no issues), and I eat beans so rarely I consider them a nonissue. Butter has never presented an issue.
    Sundays at the in-laws will be a challenge, as always. I've usually held this day as a 20% day, and rolled with whatever MIL makes. I'll probably continue that, but at least hold to "no wheat, no sugar" as much as I can.
    Thanksgiving vacation on Dallas will be another issue. I can probably bypass the rolls and my grandfather's pies fairly easily (he uses Crisco, AKA Cottonseed Death), and I might be able to bypass the mac and cheese in favor on mock and cheese with spag squash. No clue about dessert or the rest of it. I'll still try to go at least wheat free, as Dad is usually careful, if I remind him.
    I want to see how much inflammation I can remove from my body, and how much better I can get my joints, neck, shoulder, and thyroid to behave. That right there is my motivation: "Is this worth the inflammation and pain?"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, so far, so good. Then again, I only woke up half an hour ago. I really need to shift back to a diurnal cycle. this seminocturnal cycle is not my friend, when it come to not eating junk.
    Yesterday wasn't Primal. Well, I walked around a lot, and grok squatted in heels a lot while I was giving out candy, but that was it. Food was definitely not Primal, although the vampire teeth made it difficult to eat much candy (may 4-5 fun size things.) I'll hafta remember dental appliances next year.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Day 2 of brush heap dismantling. I still have about 1/4 the original pile waiting for the trash people to come empty the dumpster again, plus a handful of saplings that I need to attack with a saw. Definitely got in plenty of slow movement in the sun and some play with the dog, but not much by way of lift heavy objects. These are more bulky than heavy. I mostly managed to avoid disaster and pain, aside from being covered in scratches from fingertip to elbow. No sprinting.
    My Primal Battle Tome