Page 605 of 621 FirstFirst ... 105505555595603604605606607615 ... LastLast
Results 6,041 to 6,050 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 605

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Made pumpkin pie filling for a snack again. 1/2 c cream or coconut milk, 2 tbsp butter, 1 c pumpkin puree, 1-2 eggs, spice and honey to taste (I used cinnamon, ginger, allspice, and cloves.) Mix well, nuke until the right consistency (2-3 min in my overpowered microwave). If you don't nuke it for as long, it's more like a pudding.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-26-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    That sounds terrific, thanks for the recipe! Might have to make that tonight...have all the ingredients...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    So if Dillard's doesn't work out, leave them off your resume. If it shows up and someone asks, explain that you changed your mind and decided no to work there or something and so left it off. Just my opinion, but I don't think you need to put every babysitting or other crappy just for money job on your resume.

If I decided to work retail, I'm leaving it off my resume. There's a reason my experience section is headlined "related experience." If they ask why the long gap, I'll tell them the truth: I couldn't get an engineer job, so I worked retail to pay the bills.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Woke up with a headache, almost certain it's related to the Chinese buffet we had last night. Was I primal? 50/50. Could I have stayed 100%? Probably. My GI tract is letting me know it didn't appreciate the wheat, and my throat gunk is letting me knowing the soy and cheese weren't appreciated either. mrmph. Stupid body and not evolving at the rate of human society.
    Interview is in a couple hours. yay. Hopefully, they'll at least pay me what I need to make bills. Doubt it though. I'm also expecting to get a question like "sell me this pen" or such bullshit. Dude, if you don't need it or even minimally want it, no salespitch in the world will make you buy it on it's own. I'll try anyways, but I see no point in pressuring someone to buy something they don't want even a little. Upselling and complimenting are one thing, but acting like a used car salesman is another.
    Today is also an "I hate people" day, mostly because
    of the headaches and having to get up and train the neighbors dogs with a water hose repeatedly. I'll keep doing it, too. Don't want Fluffy to freeze? Teach the fucker not to bark. So cold the hose froze over? I'll shoot it with a cheap water gun I fill in the house. I'm tired of being patient and tolerant. If they won't use their approved methods to train their damn dogs, I'll train them with water and being cold. I don't care how inbred and stupid a dog is, discomfort and surprise will train it like a Skinner rat. (Then again, I'm working against pure bred Dalmation and Pomeranian genes, so I may be wrong. Neither are exactly known for being intelligent.)
    'S ok. I've learned over the years how to put on a fake smile for an interview and have the interviewer eating out of the palm of my hand.
    My Primal Battle Tome

OW! Yep, going back to eating right and trying not to stress as much. I don't break out very often, maybe once every 3-6 months, but it's usually one heinous cystic nodular zit that hurts like a mother fucker. Unfortunately, this one is just below the lip, so it hurts more than the usual one on the chin.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-27-2012 at 01:28 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Ouch, lip edges are the worst spots for them. So sensitive. Hope the interview and all goes/went well!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Shortest interview I've ever had, all 10 minutes of it. With a retail position, you know what the "right" answers are, so you phrase them to sound genuine and you're in like Flynn. I didn't hafta try and sell anything, so that helped, and I gave them what they wanted to hear.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Yay!?
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Dunno yet. They're supposed to call me back, one way or another. I also have information for a source that says I should still be getting a phone call of some sort from the engr company I want to work for, that the guy making the phone calls was out of town last week. Not holding my breath on it (although he seems to think they were impressed by me.)
    Today is a local university's Halloween fair, and we're going with Niece, FIL, and SIL (SIL gets class credit for it.) I should probably look it up and see if I should just write off Primal until Thurs. *googlegoogle* My google fu has failed me. I guess I'll play it by ear.
    I finally figured out what Halloween costume I'm actually wearing (as in, have all the parts.) I'm going as a Civil War era vampire, ala Vadoma in Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter. I still need to tailor the shirt and vest for the part (Hey, not even $5 at the thrift store.) I spent more than I should've on the hat and teeth at a Halloween store ($24,) but theoretically both can be used in costumes for years to come (a pirate/ cowboy hat hybrid that could pass for either, and a multi tooth set up that molds to your own teeth, as opposed to glues.) I have the rest, and I could technically make it work without the vest or shirt.
    My Primal Battle Tome