Page 604 of 621 FirstFirst ... 104504554594602603604605606614 ... LastLast
Results 6,031 to 6,040 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 604

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If the doctor who prescribed the pill to me back in 1998 would've explained that while taking the pill to regulate my cycle, I could get pregnant, I would have never taken the damn thing. I called him when I got pregnant and quit his ass.
    Georgette

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have a friend who found out she was 20 weeks pregnant while getting the shot. She started having pain in her side so she went to the doctor. He couldn't find anything wrong with her so he sent her to the hospital for further testing. Ultrasound inidicated she was 20 weeks pregnant... oops. She now has 5 kids of her own (all boys - one set of twins) and is married to a guy with two kids (both boys) of his own. Between them, they share 3 kids (the twins and youngest boy). Her twins were BARELY a year old when she found out she was pregnant again.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Mrmph. *grumblegrumblesnarl* So much for that good news I should've gotten yesterday. Maybe today.
    In other news, I stopped using face soap, as I ran out. Started using my body soap instead (y'know, the homemade stuff I buy at the Ren Faire.) The peeling at the tip of my nose and dry areas of my face finally cleared up after that. Coincidence? I think not. Even the "natural" gentle crap, like Burt's Bees and Yes To, is too drying for my face. Hey, at least what works is cheaper in the long run. Now I just need to nut up and go back to poo-less, or at least only shampooing with Yes To Carrots once a week.
    Have I been eating crappy these past several days? Kinda. Usually it's getting snacky after dinner, leading to the invasion of the Fruity Pebbles knockoffs (hey, it's GF, at least) or chips and salsa (again, GF, but I shoulda used veg instead.) The rest of the time, I'm primal, so, 20%, but it still feels off.
    Now that the primavera is gone, there is something I really, REALLY should do (besides quitting the 20% crap.) I need to drop the dairy. (Well, aside from butter and maybe cream.) I think I'll ease my way into it. Drop the liquid dairy and fresh cheeses for a couple weeks (yogurt, milk.) If that doesn't solve it, I'll drop the aged cheeses. If that doesn't solve it, fuck it. I'm not giving up butter, too lazy to make ghee, too cheap to buy ghee, and you'll pry my rare cream use out of my cold dead fingers. I think dropping the fresh cheese and milk will likely solve the lactose intolerance, at least to a reasonable amount. Those are the two known culprits.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    My snacky-feelings are usually because one of my macros is off. Usually fat. A few times, it's been helped by adjusting my mood support supplements.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Umm.. yay? I just got a phone call for an interview tomorrow with one of the retail jobs I applied for. Not the phone call I was hoping for, but if I get it, it'll bring in money until I can get something better. Probably not enough money to even survive, but at least more than nothing.
    (It didn't hurt that their employment questionnaire was so transparent I could've used it as a window, so I gave them answers they wanted while not completely lying.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Hooray for an interview - even if it's not very much money and is a job outside what you want to do... money is money and some is better than none...

Soap dryness... I've started washing my face again - hadn't been for a while b/c I was on a no soap thing for a while.... and I've started developing dry patches again. They occur every fall/winter as the air gets colder but I can't help but wonder if soap isn't part of the problem. I use Olay body bars (because they're free so the price is right), but I might stop as I just finished up a bar today. In the meantime, I need to bust out the coconut oil to remoisturize my face til the soap stops wrecking it's havoc.

But, then again, something is making my scalp itch like mad (for the last couple weeks) and coincidentally, my diet has sucked for the last FEW weeks, so maybe my itchy scalp and flakey face skin are caused by jacked up diet. Possible hypothesis to test... is it weather related, soap related or diet related?? hmmm... I think I hear my 90 day journal calling me (which I haven't used for about 10 days... lol)

EEK! I just did some research into job satisfaction, pay, and turnover rate and it scared the hell out of me. Supposedly, the quotas are outrageous and if you don't meet them you're fired or they cut your pay 10%. Not to mention flagrant civil liberty abuse and no respect for their employees. I'm not finding ANYTHING positive that doesn't sound like another corporate line. Honestly thinking about not showing, I don't need another resume stain.
    My Primal Battle Tome

What retail company is it? That would be a rough situation. Yucky.

Dillard's. I'm going to go in for the interview. I figure I can always turn down whatever offer they make.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Well, good luck either way. I hope the engr firms contact you and give you some good news.