Page 603 of 621 FirstFirst ... 103503553593601602603604605613 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,030 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 603

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Actually, I got REALLY good news on it last night: they're checking my references and [good news I won't spill until I hear one way or another.]
    I think the Mother does answer the small, desperate prayers. I gave up on asking to hear from the companies and just asked really REALLY hard and desperately for good news for yesterday. I definitely got my good news.
    Ugh. Stupid wind is blowing hard enough to rattle the porch door and I have a sore throat. Stupid allergies. Ah, well. Honey will take care of that. I need to get out there and attack the back yard.
    I managed to get sunburned working on the yard yesterday in let freaking October. Thank god for the blue aloe stuff. Need to wear an actual tee today, not a bra tank, and one long enough not to ride up and expose my tramp stamp area (not that I have one.)
    I figured out what I'm doing for my folks for Christmas, but it involves getting my grimy mitts on some of the old family photos. If I get the news I want, I may go down "for the Halloween party" this weekend and take the scanner with me to scan all the family photos "for posterity." Then I can bring it back and pick and choose what I need.
    I know everyone else is getting something homemade, either crocheted, sewn, or cooked/ baked. Well, all except two people. One's irritatingly hard to think of something for, and I'll actually spend money on Geek.
    I do know that when I do get a job again, I want it to pay me enough that I can sock back a decent amount each moth. Once I get the rainy day funds in my saving and checking accounts piled back up, I'll sock away half of that to the accounts and half to a dedicated space in my savings account to pay off the car outright. Once that's done and Fogging Molly is mine outright, I'lll take the car payment and that extra each month and start a dedicated space in my savings for the house, much like Geek has. Once we have enough between us, we'll pool it into the joint savings and see what it would take to pay the house off. At that point, the only bills will be month to month bills (electric, gas, cable, etc.) and student loans (which is actually less per month for me than the electric bill in the summer, and I think his is less than mine.)
    Geek and I have agreed on a time frame for when we'll try for kids: after I've been gainfully employed at a solid company for at least a year and it looks like the job is stable (probably whenever the pill pack runs out after that is when we'd start going without protection at all, and it'll probably be at least 3-6 months before the pills have cleared my system enough for there to be a good chance, prob closer to a year, as long as I've been on the pill.) Hopefully, by that time, I'll at least have the car paid off, in case I need to funnel that toward hospital bills.
    Right. Time to get dressed in grubbies and attack the backyard.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Birth control might leave your system faster than you think. I got pregnant the first month off the pill when we tried for Brady (miscarried the first pregnancy, pregnant again the next month - so technically, I got pregnant twice within 3 months of being off pills), then with Makenna, I got pregnant in the 2nd month of being off pills.

I had been on a cocktail of birth control from age 15 to age 26.

But... I also tracked my body's signals and nailed it just right each time. I tried to take the relaxed route and just "let it happen" with Makenna and quickly gave that up after I got my first period after the first month of trying... said screw that and got all analytical on it! lol
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    At this point, I can't imagine ever being at the point where I would be planning for kids. On the one hand, I'm still pretty young. On the other hand, one of Boyfriend's sisters had 2 kids by the time she was my age (the third by the time she was 25, I think). She married soon after high school was over, though, I'm pretty sure. Most of the people in my life, and the parents of the kids I grew up with, all had kids around 30 yrs old, give or take 3 years, but mostly give.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Well, if it pans out right, I'll be 28-30 for our first podling. Mom had me at 22, another at 25, a miscarriage at 27, and the last at 29.

Want to see what 3 hours of yardwork amounts to?
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Badass!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

One of these days, I'll break that down into Dumpsterable chunks and sizes, but not today. What I wouldn't give for a "big trash" day, like they did in Dallas.
    At any rate, aside from the large pile of dead wood, our backyard is better looking and drought tolerant. How do I know it's drought tolerant? Because it hasn't gotten much water beyond rain in the past 3 years. If it's still alive, it's drought tolerant.
    Had 2 applewood smoked sausages to break my fast after working, will likely attack veggies and the last of the primavera for dinner later.
    Should REALLY update my blog, dammit.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!
    Georgette

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Birth control might leave your system faster than you think. I got pregnant the first month off the pill when we tried ...
    Me too - and I had been on BC longer than she was, so ya never know!

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I got pregnant on the pill...
    Georgette

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, I've known women in y'all's shoes. Odd One's ex-wife got pregnant on the pill thanks to antibiotics. A family member even managed to get pregnant (but miscarry in the first months) with an IUD. Genetically, I'm predisposed to getting pregnant easily from both sides on the family, which is why if there's even a chance it might not work one month we use back up.
    My Primal Battle Tome