Page 602 of 621 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 602

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I now know what a Sierpinski gasket is.

How about Schoolhouse Rock dvds? I still do my threes the way I learned it from watching 'Three is a Magic Number' when I was a kid. And my kids loved them, so it's not just a generational thing. Littlest checked them out as recently as two years ago (when she was 12) just for the fun of seeing them again. Might be a fun way of getting her interested in the patterning of times tables.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I think just showing her that there IS a pattern, and that it carries through up to infinity, really helped her. She wasn't even sure on what multiplication represented, so figuring that out AND seeing the patterns was really encouraging to her. I also don't know that you can really call them patterns, so much as repeating formulae for the ones place and showing her how to tell when the 10s place rolls over ([3,6,9]-1 in the ones place + a rollover in the 10s place= [12,15,18], stuff like that.) If it's just another illogical pattern or something to rote memorize, she's not interested. She thinks in much the same manner Geek does, which is pretty close to the way I do.
    I'm calling up the engr companies later today to see what the hell happened to "We'll let you know by Friday."
    I ate like shit last night and my body is reminding me why that's a bad idea. Hideous gas, heinous gas bloat, heinous water bloat, and mental issues (as in, I worked myself up into a state around 430 this morning.)
    I couldn't sleep last night. Jist couldn't. My brain was being stupid and wouldn't shut up. I finally took a double pill dose of valerian around 0530.
    It's our anniversary. As of this time, 3 years ago, I was a nervous wreck. The speakers were being ghetto rigged by Geek, his father, and the best man; I hadn't printed out the ceremony for the officiant; and nothing was going to plan. My father and Man of Honor conspired together and calmed me down (with the help of alcohol) and started doing what they could to get me off the ceiling.
    I've been told repeatedly that it was an odd wedding and very suiting to two geeks getting married. I've had multiple hints to recreate the weekend of Texas partying.
    I've been married to the man I love for 3 years now. Forever took a long time to get here, but I'm glad it is here.
    Here's to us, and Happy Anniversary to a Geek not on MDA!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Exercise? Hell yeah, that was exercise. Mowing, weeding, raking, bagging, ripping out plastic trim, taming and moving the hose monster and homemade sprinkler system, trimming the shrubs and flowering bush, and moving around empty flower pots for 2.5 hrs? Yeah, that was exercise.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on the wedding anniversary! I hope you get to do something special tonight.

And yeah, that qualifies as exercise!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!

You might even talk to the temp agencies. I know one of them was posting an administrative position where safety knowledge would be a plus, but it wasn't part-time so I didn't go for it. They might have something you'd be good at.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    You might even talk to the temp agencies. I know one of them was posting an administrative position where safety knowledge would be a plus, but it wasn't part-time so I didn't go for it. They might have something you'd be good at.
    I have. I'm on Snelling's list, and the others don't deal with positions higher than secretary or sexretary.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Happy 3rd Anniversary to you and Geek!!!
    Georgette

Dinner was a Japanese steakhouse. Yes, I ate the egg roll, tempura veggies, fried rice, and let them put soy and terriyaki sauce in it. It's a once a freaking year occasion.
    I tried calling the civil firm earlier and the interviewers were in a meeting. Uh huh. We'll see if I get called back tomorrow.
    I'm intending to attack the backyard tomorrow, even if I hafta tether Froot Loop so she doesn't get hurt. In addition to mowing, I'm intending to remove dead trees and dead plants, remove a lame cinder black planter, and taming some of the shrubs and trees. Or at least some of that. Well, that and throwing out the debris.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Happy anniversary, Naiadknight. Hope you had a relaxing and celebratory evening.

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hate it when companies pretty much blow you off. I chock it up to their poor character as a firm - spineless, really. I hope you hear back from them, and that it's good news. Just seems awfully convenient that they haven't called you and are now in a meeting... maybe it's innocent and coincidental, but I doubt it. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer... Job hunts suck!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)