Page 601 of 621 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 601

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by jenn26point2 View Post
    Hey! At least you can afford to get your dog's shots... ours are both due for their rabies and we don't have the money to vaccinate either dog...
    We didn't really have an option. She's a pound puppy, and it's all kinds of illegal for her not to get her shots (as in, a fine more expensive than getting her shot up and possibly them taking her away. I'll pay $42.50 over $200 any day of the week.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    To work at a gym?? Online classes and an online test to become a trainer. Ace Training | Ace Training (or something similar)
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Well, thbpt to that. I don't think I could get Geek to spring for that, and I don't have the funds for it.
    I just bit the bullet and went and applied at a few retail places, as well as applying for a position to sell metal buildings. Not my proudest moment, but it needs to be done.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Dinner was t-bones, greenleaf with caesar dressing, and pepper poppers. Froot Loop got the bones.
    Sleep last night was crappy, woke up to take Froot Loop to the vet for her shots, and went back to bed when I got home and finally slept well.
    Played with the pup a bit earlier, both keeping her distracted at the vet and while Geek was cooking.
    The only lifting heavy objects I did was picking up the 23 lb mutt several times.
    Sprint? Pfft.
    My Primal Battle Tome

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'll let you come over and pick up our 50 lb Bella. You'd also have to rub her belly. Seriously. That's how I get her to the vet.
    Georgette

If she gets to full size, she'll be at least 60, prob 70, lb. Part of the reason I keep picking her up now is the theory of the farmer and the cow: eventually I'll be able to pick her up at full size with no problem if I keep picking her up consistently between now and then.
    Slept like shit again. I know part of it is worrying over MIL (going in for a DVT exploration/ surgery) and Niece. We're picking Niece up after school, and Geek's already got it planned out to cater to her pickiness. Overchocolatey milk, McD's, and pepperoni. The kid's body pulls nutrition it needs from somewhere, but it still irritates me to no end to see them only kowtow to her pickiness. They did that with Geek and getting him to try something new is like pulling teeth sometimes. She's slowly becoming less picky, but it's been 3 years of a very select food group. I know this is a battle Geek and I will have between ourselves with our own kids. I'm a fan of they'll eat what's there, he's a fan of kowtowing to the kid. I'm not making two damn dinners every night. It may come down to having them at least try dinner each night, and then adjusting from there. I'm actually more irritated about them kowtowing to Niece. She's so damn smart, and I know she'd do better on primal, or at least where half her diet isn't fucking sugar (chocolate milk, chicken nuggets, bread, pasta, tortillas...) I'd even be ok if the kid ate more vegetation, but they even special order her mini pizzas without sauce because she doesn't like sauce. Oh well, not my kid, not my rules. She at least knows that when she's with us, she's trying at least one thing new (and that's like pulling teeth.) Just irritated.
    Sleepy, but I can't sleep. I would dose up with Valerian, but I need to be up and moving by 1430 so I can pick up Niece at 1500 and get her going on her homework.
    My Primal Battle Tome

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    I have kids like that. I have learned if I cover it with gravy, my son gobbles it up!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Apparently, she doesn't want to learn her multiplication tables because she doesn't see the point and doesn't like rote memorization. I was the same way. I'm going to teach her at least some of the tricks that make it less memorization and more pattern recognition, more logical. I'm thinking about doing a little "unschooling" type crap in the backyard if she finishes her homework before 5, like showing her fractals and the Fibonacci sequence and golden ratio and all that.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I think the tips and tricks, as well as letting her know that the patterns carry through, really helped make her more open to math. Especially since whatever her teacher was donig didn't actually make her realize what multiplication IS. She just thought it was another operation unrelated to addition and subtraction. I also showed her some fractals in the backyard (tree limbs, grass) and brought her back in and drew her a Sierpinski Gasket. I know she's too young for the math behind those, but it helped her become a bit happier about math by showing her that nature uses math and that she can use it in art, as well as that math is logical and reasonable, not just rote memorization.
    My Primal Battle Tome

I love when inspiration hits, especially when it's a key climax in the story. I just wish it didn't happen at 0245 when I'm almost asleep.
    My Primal Battle Tome