Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 60

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Chicken Tariwala
    2 cloves
    1 in cinnamon stick, broken in half
    3 cardamom pods
    1 bay leaf
    1 onion, finely chopped (threw mine in the food processor until it was just this side of pureed)
    1.5 tsp finely chopped ginger
    4 cloves garlic
    1.5 lb chicken
    3 roma tomatos, finely chopped (you can use normal, but romas are what I keep on hand)
    1/4 tsp ground turmeric.
    1/2 tsp red chilli powder AKA cayenne pepper
    2 tsp ground coriander
    1 c water
    1/2 c yogurt (optional, I think. I've seen recipes both with and without it.)
    3-4 T oil (I use olive)

Heat oil on medium. Saute cinnamon,bay leaf, cloves, and cardamom until they start sizzling. Add onion, ginger, and garlic, saute until well browed (5-7 min.) Add tomatos, saute another 8-10 min, until tomatos are soft and the oil begins to separate (my oil never really separated, I judged based on the tomatos.) Add other spices, saute 1 min. Add yogurt, saute 1 min, stirring constantly. Add chicken, saute until browned. Add water, and cover. Let simmer for 20 min. (I took the lid off after 10 min because I wanted a thicker gravy.) Serve over cauli rice or spinach/ greens of your choice.
    It's a mild, somewhat sweet curry.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

As much as I love my whipped heaven, yogurt mess, etc, I may need to remove them from my diet temporarily.I want to A) test for dairy intolerance, and B) see if I can break this damn plateau. I'll keep the hard cheeses. I'll do this as soon as I finish off the heavy cream and mascarpone and yogurt in the fridge (i.e., don't buy it as it runs out.)
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    cool workout!

Thanks, 216 & kuno. I started out just flinging and chasing the sledgehammer, then realized I could do the shovelglove workouts while I was at it. I can tell you this morning that it works.
    My Primal Battle Tome

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    OMG, what an amazing recipe! Thanks for sharing, naiad -- I can't wait to try this one.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for the recipe! Must try!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    Chicken Tariwala
    2 cloves
    1 in cinnamon stick, broken in half
    3 cardamom pods
    1 bay leaf
    1 onion, finely chopped (threw mine in the food processor until it was just this side of pureed)
    1.5 tsp finely chopped ginger
    4 cloves garlic
    1.5 lb chicken
    3 roma tomatos, finely chopped (you can use normal, but romas are what I keep on hand)
    1/4 tsp ground turmeric.
    1/2 tsp red chilli powder AKA cayenne pepper
    2 tsp ground coriander
    1 c water
    1/2 c yogurt (optional, I think. I've seen recipes both with and without it.)
    3-4 T oil (I use olive)

Heat oil on medium. Saute cinnamon,bay leaf, cloves, and cardamom until they start sizzling. Add onion, ginger, and garlic, saute until well browed (5-7 min.) Add tomatos, saute another 8-10 min, until tomatos are soft and the oil begins to separate (my oil never really separated, I judged based on the tomatos.) Add other spices, saute 1 min. Add yogurt, saute 1 min, stirring constantly. Add chicken, saute until browned. Add water, and cover. Let simmer for 20 min. (I took the lid off after 10 min because I wanted a thicker gravy.) Serve over cauli rice or spinach/ greens of your choice.
    It's a mild, somewhat sweet curry.
    Oh, NOM!!!!
    I'm stealing this <3
    Thanks!!!

Damn. Didn't think it'd be THAT popular. I may need to start posting more of my recipes. And dig out the camera for mealtimes.
    My Primal Battle Tome

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    f00d pr0n!!!

Snack (9 AM): 1 piece dark chocolate (tasted more like milk)
    3PM: 1 margarita
    Dinner (10 PM): 12 oz ribeye seasoned (pre-grilling) with 2 tbsp brown butter and 1/4 head garlic, 1/4 grilled green bell, 1/4 onion grilled, 2 c green leaf lettuce w/ 1/2 roma tom, 1/2 c broccoli, 1.5 tbsp sunflower seeds, 3 tbsp vinaigrette
    Dessert: 4 small strawberries and a 72% square
    My Grand Anti Inflammation September Challenge!
    1) No more wheat. Point blank, the end, do not pass go. Still doing good. Not a chance of any today. Had a margarita, though.
    2) Eat more veggies. At least 30 g carbs, preferably 50 g carbs per day.
    40g, give or take, depending on how the 'rita was made
    3) Sprint at least once a week and PBF as per e-book and WOW.
    My head throughout the afternoon. Was farking exhausted.
    4) Fight inflammation. This includes:
    A) Getting O3 : O 6 levels to at least 1: 4, preferably 1:1
    6.1:3.7, 2t fish oil
    B) Watching and mediating stress. No more stress puppying.
    Still doing good. Had a brief moment after getting news of my grandma getting worse of freaking out, but got it under control and am back to good.
    5) Sleep at least 6.5 hrs per night, preferably 8 or more.
    6 hours last night. Oh man, I'm feeling that too.
    Last edited by naiadknight; 09-10-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome