Page 599 of 621 FirstFirst ... 99499549589597598599600601609 ... LastLast
Results 5,981 to 5,990 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 599

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey toots. Been seeing you mostly on FB but I wanted to get back here finally. The job searching has sounded SO frustration. If local engineering employers are too stupid/shortsighted/stretched to hire you, sounds like you're on the right track trying to find something else to do. Even if it's only temporary, having something to do and focus on, and focus on doing well, will probably be good for you mentally (and financially, but I'd consider that actually secondary.)
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Have you contacted the student loan companies? They can put a deferrment on your account to give you a break from the payments for a while so you only have to worry about your car payment.

What about donating plasma? You can do that 3x per week and I believe the going rate now is $25 a pop. Just a thought. I need to suggest that to Sabine too.

Now would be a great time to go to school. It would also push your student loans back a bit. Being unemployed, you can get pell grants or similar to pay for the degree. And it'll stretch your unemployment benefits out a bit longer too.

Just some thoughts. I hope you find something promising soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't need the deferrment yet. I consider that to be in the same category as not being able to make any payments on anything. I'm not there yet.
    Needles by choice are not an option. At my weight, I think they're leery about plasma anyways.
    I'm not eligible for unemployment, so things are pretty dire.
    I don't consider school to really be an option right now, because that would just be more outflow and less inflow.
    Hi Jenny!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Even with my half ass training methods (consistently trying to ingrain it, when I go out there, but not formal training), Kasumi has learned "Toy", meaning bring me a rope toy. She differentiates between stuffed/ squeaky toys, rope toys, and balls on her own, and we're working on "Up" (jump), "Ball."
    She also knows sit, wait, stay (yes, wait and stay are different), down, leash (sit still so I can put her leash on), fetch/ go get it, all the various c'mere commands, drop it, give, leave it, and dead (meaning quit shaking the damn thing and give it to me.) After I teach her ball and squeaky, we'll work on lay down and stand.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Wait, hold that thought. If the gonig rate is $25, and I can give to each plasma program 2ce a week, *counts on fingers* that's $50 a week and $200 a month, which is a fair chunk of my car payment or would cover all of my student loans and part of my car payment. I hate needles, but this might give me impetus to get the hell over that (more).
    My Primal Battle Tome

I'll laugh if spammers copy any of the shorter posts on my first page. Well, I'll laugh, then I'll hit the magic triangle of doom.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Uh- huh. I'll believe it when the spam doesn't show up, Gobbledegook.
    Yep, just as I thought. meet the black triangle, bitch!
    Last edited by naiadknight; 10-18-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    RE: school, I hate to say it but it seems like there must be a TON of unemployed people throwing themselves back into school (and more education debt, most of them.) I really wonder whether that'll go so well for them.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

jenn26point2 is offline Senior Member
    Sabine did some research and learned her first two visits are worth $50 each and after that she can donate 2x per week. The first time each week is $20, second time is $40. Definitely worth donating 2x per week. She said something about her weight range, which makes me think they take a volume in relation to your size, which affects the value. Desperate times call for doing things that make us uncomfortable and if the most uncomfortable thing you have to do is endure a needle stick, I think you can handle it. There are far worse things you could do to make ends come a little closer - prostitution and drug sales are the first things that come to mind... organ selling is next...
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 182 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I saw her post. I also remember the place I would go to wanting to do a blood stick for basics (something about cholesterol, among other things.) I am on the low end of what they'll accept (minimum weight of 110lb, I'm bouncing around 123 still), which may mean less $ for me. I may go in later today before picking up Geek from the airport and see what the deal is around here.
    Woke up around 645 from a freaky nightmare of doom. Closest my brains ever come to a zombie nightmare, but it settled instead on a brainwashed future of people that are slaves to Skynet. We (Me and probably a dozen other people) were on the run from converters (evangelist/ capturing humans) and bots that want us dead or slaves. Last thing I remember (hilararious after the fact) was locking myself in a room (because they were vampirelike and couldn't come in without an invite) and fending off at least 6 converters that reminded me of JWs, except in scrubs instead of church clothes, pamphlet and "wanting to talk with me" and me turning down each of them with a more and more freaked out "No thanks!"
    Went back to sleep. Got woken up by the fuckheaded dalmation and shitheaded pomeranian barking. Jammed in earplugs and pretty much told myself "fall asleep. We're ignoring those asshats. Go to sleep." Went back to sleep.
    Half an hour ago, Grande finally quit fucking with the internet, so all productivity that wasn't there before is lost.
    My Primal Battle Tome