Page 598 of 621 FirstFirst ... 98498548588596597598599600608 ... LastLast
Results 5,971 to 5,980 of 6208

Thread: Naiadknight's chronicles page 598

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Why do you wish you lived near me?
    Because I'm making pizza baked primavera, and it's primal. Photo and recipe to follow!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    You seem to be the resourceful type of person to me. If the engineering job is not ready for you now, then why not take up with something else? There is no shame in it and you never know what it may lead you to next. It's a new life experience, a new group of people and you may learn some new things that help you move forward.

I discovered (after my bachelors) that I got a degree in something I had no aptitude in (electronics engineering) while chemical and materials engineering made lots of sense to me. When I was working on that electronics degree, I just figured that school was tough. I had no idea until I got out there (working in a semiconductor fab) that the processing side is where I would excel.

Geek is not only your partner, he is why you are staying in an area where you are having trouble finding a job with your degree. Let him help you financially without guilt since he is part of the puzzle you are trying to solve. It's OK to lean on each other to move forward togther.

I've thought about it, but short of the oilfield, there's really not much out here. I've thought about the oilfield, but it's just not stable enough. Still thinking.
    I posted the recipe!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Geek and I have talked it out, and if neither of these jobs pan out by the end of the week, I do some research over the weekend and apply for sales positions with commissions come Monday. (Hopefully not completely commission based.) We do have enough socked back that we can both be out of work and make ends meet for at least 3 months. Hopefully, I can take a sales job and rock it's socks off to be able to at least put some into the bills and make my own bills (car and student loans.) Even if that flops, 40 hrs a week at Wally World does technically pay enough for us to live at a certain modicum of comfort. I detest the idea of working for megaconglomomart, but you do what you gotta do. In the meantime, I'll keep applying for engr jobs and writing out me SERs and applications.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Hang in there. Just...keep hanging.

I'm still hanging, but some of my darker thoughts have not been pleasant. Flying solo unemployed, even if for only most of 4 days, isn't doing much for my mental state. I'm trying to keep engaged and busy, so those thoughts don't have time to percolate. Seems to be a running theme in my life: when I need a shrink the most is when I can afford one the least. I just keep telling myself that Geek'll be back tomorrow and there is a back up plan in place.
    Started doing iliac crest/ hip flexor exercises whenever I get up from sitting yesterday. Mostly to keep my fairly sedentary life from making my car wreck injuries come back. Actually, no, that's a secondary effect. The real reason is vanity, as these stretches are supposed to help pull the lower back in to a truer alignment and flatten the lower belly poof. Even if it doesn't work for vanity, I can feel the stretch and my iliac crest saying thank you, so I'll likely keep it up.
    Well, I'm awake and not going back to sleep anytime soon. Time for tea and writing.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Perhaps that is a sign that maybe you should check out the shrink when you feel like you don't need it. One thing that I've learned in therapy this year is that I have actually found a lot of benefit from sticking with it, even though I often feel like I'm doing "well enough" to get by without. I used to split when I felt done with it. Now I'm sticking around to see what else I can get from it and I think it's helped a lot with the darker times. Not that that helps you right now.

How has been writing been going lately? And what is your preferred tea type?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

I've seriously been slacking on the story, and not exactly in favor of my SER. Alanar is at 116 pages, and has at least that again waiting to be written.
    My SER... well... it's going. I hate narrative style with regards to engineering. It's something drilled into you since childhood: factual writing is NOT first person. I'm fighting that every step of the way. I'm about 3/4 done with my first job.
    I tend to prefer solid black teas. I kinda compare my favorites (Scottish Breakfast, Irish Breakfast) to my taste in beers (Guinness): you may need a fork for it, but that's because of all the flavor. I also enjoy a green/ white/ jasmine blend I picked up from Teavana, and a mint/ herb concoction I made from mixing a few grocery store teas.
    I've thought about going to a shrink when I'm feeling ok, but that involves the hunt for one that leaves religion out of it, actually acts as a shrink and not a pillpusher, and won't force feed me bullshit. I've been to 4 in my life, and 3 failed those requirements.
    My Primal Battle Tome

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Blegh. I commiserate on the shrink search. I have no idea how many I've been to over the years, but only a few have been keepers (one moved/I went away to college, one was no longer covered by insurance, the last is the one I'm seeing now).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Fried/ Blackened (yes, both, kinda) catfish for breakfast. It didn't give me a headache, and tasted pretty damn good. unfortunately, I haven't the foggiest how much seasoning I put in/ on them. I'll hafta try to replicate eventually.
    My Primal Battle Tome